The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

It is a long story but my sister has a husband and a dog of her own living in another State [trial separation is probably the best way to describe it] Amy, her dog, does not play well with others so, depending on how things work out, Amy might be in the picture again.  So, it is hard to say depending on what happens.  However, knowing my sister, she will find it really difficult to part with Freddie even though she is constantly reminding herself that he is a foster only.  The longer he stays with her the more chance that she will not want to let him go.

Re: the Circus.  My estranged father is a Greanie and actually was behind one of our water parks closing down [another long story].  However, we had many arguments about zoos, parks, circuses etc .. while I agreed that they can, in some circumstances, be cruel, he was not prepared to agree with me that they can also be educational.  If a child or adult is able to see the animal up close and personal, I believe it helps them to learn that they need to be protected and not slaughtered.  Real life encounters, in my opinion, go a lot deeper than pictures on FB or Animal Planet.

Totally agree!

It is a long story but my sister has a husband and a dog of her own living in another State [trial separation is probably the best way to describe it] Amy, her dog, does not play well with others so, depending on how things work out, Amy might be in the picture again. So, it is hard to say depending on what happens. However, knowing my sister, she will find it really difficult to part with Freddie even though she is constantly reminding herself that he is a foster only. The longer he stays with her the more chance that she will not want to let him go.

Re: the Circus. My estranged father is a Greanie and actually was behind one of our water parks closing down [another long story]. However, we had many arguments about zoos, parks, circuses etc .. while I agreed that they can, in some circumstances, be cruel, he was not prepared to agree with me that they can also be educational. If a child or adult is able to see the animal up close and personal, I believe it helps them to learn that they need to be protected and not slaughtered. Real life encounters, in my opinion, go a lot deeper than pictures on FB or Animal Planet.

If you should get into the argument with your father again, you should bring up the animals that are rescued from injuries or that have become imprinted or lost their fear of humans, moved into urban areas and so forth that can never be returned to the wild.

It would be inhumane to kill these animals just because of their "problems". Placing them in a Zoo or park so they can have a reasonably content if not altogether natural life serve a purpose of education humans so maybe what happened to them will not happen again. Shoot, it might even cause another "greenie" to be formed!

Unless, of course, they are a methane producing bovine destroying the planet with their farts, then we should process and grill them (over carbon neutral wood ) and consume them as soon as possible.

If you should get into the argument with your father again, you should bring up the animals that are rescued from injuries or that have become imprinted or lost their fear of humans, moved into urban areas and so forth that can never be returned to the wild.

It would be inhumane to kill these animals just because of their "problems". Placing them in a Zoo or park so they can have a reasonably content if not altogether natural life serve a purpose of education humans so maybe what happened to them will not happen again. Shoot, it might even cause another "greenie" to be formed!

Unless, of course, they are a methane producing bovine destroying the planet with their farts, then we should process and grill them (over carbon neutral wood ) and consume them as soon as possible.

Good points! Thank You and LOL

Not much chance of us arguing again, we have not spoken for over 15 years now.

If we were to speak, I am not sure that I would mention the grilling of bovine
hide.gif

On one of my rare visits, before we stopped talking altogether, I had a pair of Le Specs sunglasses. When it was time to leave I could not find my sunnies anywhere .. I eventually found them in the rubbish, crushed .. something to do with them being French!
roll.png
LOL

Wanna get into why we are estranged?! LOL
lau.gif

If we were to speak, I am not sure that I would mention the grilling of bovine :oops:

On one of my rare visits, before we stopped talking altogether, I had a pair of Le Specs sunglasses.  When it was time to leave I could not find my sunnies anywhere .. I eventually found them in the rubbish, crushed .. something to do with them being French! :rolleyes:  LOL

Wanna get into why we are estranged?! LOL :lau

:hugs I'm sorry to hear that. I'm sure it's for a good reason.

If we were to speak, I am not sure that I would mention the grilling of bovine
hide.gif

On one of my rare visits, before we stopped talking altogether, I had a pair of Le Specs sunglasses. When it was time to leave I could not find my sunnies anywhere .. I eventually found them in the rubbish, crushed .. something to do with them being French!
roll.png
LOL

Wanna get into why we are estranged?! LOL
lau.gif

Like sour says...friends are the family you make for yourself. Pick the family you want, I have!

Sort of reminds me of this Ralphie, lol.

Back
Top Bottom