The NFC B-Day Chat Thread

You keep 'em in plant pots
ep.gif

Doesn't everyone ?

Back in another life I managed the animal colony for a major pharmaceutical company.  When I was able to hire people with farm backgrounds, I was able to get good help with a proper work ethic and no qualms about getting their hands dirty.  Once that source dried up (think urbanization of NJ) it was nearly impossible to hire dependable people.  A sense of responsibility is one 'H' of a burden, and many today have not accepted that 'burden'.

Our boys have a hard time understanding why we've made them work hard and pay for a lot of their extras they think they need. We have to love them, feed, house, and clothe them but the rest teaches them responsibility. A lot of their friends have been pampered their whole life... My kids will hopefully be able to survive on their own. My youngest son just graduated from high school and is going to college in the fall. He's worked for a neighbor farmer the last 3 years. I talked to the farmers wife and she said they will really miss him when he goes as he's such a good worker. We farm also but he gets a paycheck at his job. I feel bad for my boys but hopefully they learn by our being tough.

My girls both had jobs in high school, and before that they volunteered. They paid for all their own extras

I don't feel bad for them, they are now grown and have great jobs, own houses, cars, can pay their bills and save a bit. Can't say that for most of their friends.

My girls both had jobs in high school, and before that they volunteered. They paid for all their own extras

I don't feel bad for them, they are now grown and have great jobs, own houses, cars, can pay their bills and save a bit. Can't say that for most of their friends.

Good for you (and them). Here in Kenya, casual work does not exist and boy, did our son have a shock when he went to Canada to study! It took him a couple of years to learn that life was not handed to him on a plate. Right now he has two jobs and working his socks off just get by - and so he should!

Howdy Friends!!!
I'm pretty happy today....My Daughters coming home to celebrate today....yay!!!!
Hey! Sorry, I missed your birthday yesterday, Phil!

It was a dodgy internet day and the boy monopolised what we did get with calculus.

I can't be irritated by that- But still. Sorry, I missed wishing you a good day. I hope it continues through the week now.

June the most fabulous month of the year, and now that I know your birthday is on the sixth of June, that makes it even better!

c5e5af076bdb191ce9f8137d97f79c7c.jpg

Back
Top Bottom