The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

The ducks. Welsh harlequin.
20200828_170955.jpg
20200828_170946.jpg
20200828_171154.jpg
Duck enclosure is 95% done and nothing touched in two days. Need it finished before the storm comes tonight!

Attachments

• 20200828_171148.jpg
    20200828_171148.jpg
    416.1 KB · Views: 1
We got the locks on the smaller pop door and screwed in the side door until we can find the right latches....at 9pm. But it didn't matter. Racoon managed to squeeze itself over the space on the inner wall and took one of the sweet girls. Other girl is dlighty injured. So heartbreaking, these ducks are so sweet. They were essentially pets and now one us gone.😥

We got the locks on the smaller pop door and screwed in the side door until we can find the right latches....at 9pm. But it didn't matter. Racoon managed to squeeze itself over the space on the inner wall and took one of the sweet girls. Other girl is dlighty injured. So heartbreaking, these ducks are so sweet. They were essentially pets and now one us gone.😥
Oh No! So heartbreaking!

Hatched some SLOs and Spitzhaubens (& Seramas) 2 weeks ago. Seramas are being cared for by someone else for a while.

Here are the Spitz & Orps (5 of each):
IMG_5185 (2).JPG
IMG_5186 (2).JPG

My fav blue SLO chick has a female vibe:
IMG_5187 (2).JPG
IMG_5193 (2).JPG

Two more SLOs (a reg & a project blue) hatched on Thursday with 3 more seramas.

5-6 more SLO eggs + another 5-6 serama eggs developing in incubator - due Sept 8

.... and last night somehow another 6 SLO & 6 serama eggs slipped into the incubator - so due Sept 18-19 I've only been getting about 50% of the SLO eggs set to hatch, so hopefully next month won't be too overwhelming with chicks.

The mid Sept hatch is my LAST HATCH of the year.

Here's my "big butt" boy
IMG_5174 (3).JPG
IMG_5171.JPG
IMG_5180 (2).JPG

Here's the other guy with the nice face.
IMG_5141 (2).JPG

Both seem to have good temperaments. (Run up to greet me & Follow me around if they think treats may be involved. Not cuddly but not much fuss to pick up and carry around.) I'm leaning toward the 1st one (cockerel with the better body) but I'm going to give them more time.

The mid Sept hatch is my LAST HATCH of the year.

I think that's a familiar song we've heard before. ;) I'm setting eggs tonight to have fuzz balls for a Poultry Trades Day we are having down here.

This is my beautiful English bantam chocolate quail Orpington, Charlie. I have a hen too. I love the color!

He's a cutie!

View attachment 2316191This is my beautiful English bantam chocolate quail Orpington, Charlie. I have a hen too. I love the color!View attachment 2316191
Wow that's an interesting color. Is it a project of yours?

Of course, I wish you lived closer. I'd love to hatch some English Bantam orps - any color really. My little Cookie is getting old and I just can't imagine my flock without an adorable, spoiled, perpetually broody, little, round orp hen with BIG personality.

I've seen a few 'bantam orps' in hatcheries, but they don't have the round appearance like the English.

Back
Top Bottom