The chicks are here!

AshleySGM

Songster
Jun 26, 2018
Easley, SC
I decided to add some more birds to the farm and since Tractor Supply only seemed to keep RIRs and Barred Rocks, I figured I'd order in some breeds I've never had before. So I went with Hoover's Hatchery and ordered 3 Sapphire Gem pullets which I have wanted since I first learned about them. I ordered 3 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes straight run, just because I love them. lol Also 3 Salmon Faverolle pullets and 1 rooster but they sent 2. Since they require a minimum of 15 to be ordered, I added 5 egg production pack pullets. Looks like they sent a black sex link, a brown leghorn and 3 either Isa Browns or RIRs. I didn't think they'd send any white egg layers so I went to Ideal to make another order and ordered 3 California Whites, 3 Brown Leghorns and 3 Black Australorps. Out of all those chicks the only ones I've raised up and had before is the RIR/Isa Brown and Black Sex-Link so the rest are going to be fun to raise since they're new to us. :D

Here's the Hoover babies...
8-23-18-1.jpg

I put them in an aquarium first so I could immediately see any who might be weak or struggling. However they're all doing great and will move up to the bigger brooder soon.

Here is the Ideal babies...
8-23-18-2.jpg

For now I'm keeping them separate just in case. Later they'll be combined.

Yay babies! :D

I decided to add some more birds to the farm and since Tractor Supply only seemed to keep RIRs and Barred Rocks, I figured I'd order in some breeds I've never had before. So I went with Hoover's Hatchery and ordered 3 Sapphire Gem pullets which I have wanted since I first learned about them. I ordered 3 Blue Laced Red Wyandottes straight run, just because I love them. lol Also 3 Salmon Faverolle pullets and 1 rooster but they sent 2. Since they require a minimum of 15 to be ordered, I added 5 egg production pack pullets. Looks like they sent a black sex link, a brown leghorn and 3 either Isa Browns or RIRs. I didn't think they'd send any white egg layers so I went to Ideal to make another order and ordered 3 California Whites, 3 Brown Leghorns and 3 Black Australorps. Out of all those chicks the only ones I've raised up and had before is the RIR/Isa Brown and Black Sex-Link so the rest are going to be fun to raise since they're new to us. :D

Here's the Hoover babies...
View attachment 1513367
I put them in an aquarium first so I could immediately see any who might be weak or struggling. However they're all doing great and will move up to the bigger brooder soon.

Here is the Ideal babies...
View attachment 1513368
For now I'm keeping them separate just in case. Later they'll be combined.

Yay babies! :D
Theyre adorable!

Back
Top Bottom