• Oh yeahhhhhhh

Votes: 51 54.3%
  • Of course!

Votes: 49 52.1%
  • Why am I here???

Votes: 13 13.8%

• Total voters
Pics
I agree, Cochins have a really big and entertaining personality that’s hard to match! 😍 Tux was definitely overwhelmed by his large Cochin friend 😆 He got first in his category but lost out overall in variety to a really pretty mottled hen 😍 he’s still really young though, lots more filling in to do!

The owner of the mottled hen also has silkied Cochins. Almost bought one 😆 But I reallllly don’t need more chickens right now unless they will go towards goals in my breeding. So I stayed strong! 🤪

Ah, congrats on the placement regardless! Sounds like Tux will be bringing home all the ribbons once he's had the chance to fill in more. :D

She is pretty! And I love to hear about more silkied Cochins being out there, of course!! :yesss: I don't know how you could resist--but, of course, silkied feathering on breeds other than Silkies is probably my biggest weakness with chickens! 🤭

I know, right? His owner just adored him too, I can’t imagine keeping that size Cochin and ALL those feathers clean and perfect! 😳🤪 I think bantams take long enough 😆

I don't know how you do it with bantams!! We've had a relatively warm winter so far (until recently, that is!) and my poor Cochins' feet are so dirty from the rain and mud. 😩

20231214_173234.jpg

My little bantam cochin is a bit of a loner, so some days she gets to come in and she loves to lie down on a blanket and sleep a little ❤️ Here she is on my lap watching TV.

Peach(left) and her kiddo Kiwi(right) have started laying again. Yay! Weirdly, I got 3 eggs from them yesterday. 2 eggs the day prior. They’re the only two hens in their pen, so either they started laying 3 days ago and buried an egg, or someone laid double.
IMG_7669.jpeg

My first 2024 broody, Dragonfruit, had an unsuccessful hatch. Nothing hatched, unfortunately. I had 3 bantam ameraucanas hatch a week Ago though, so I slid them under her. the adoption was successful! She seems to happy to have chicks, and is very doting on them.
IMG_7650.jpeg

Bantam cochins are our daughter's favorite. Here's a pair of porcelains she bought last year, which she's hoping to use in 4-H this year. :) We're also collecting their eggs to hatch out a few more. It will be interesting to see if they're pure porcelain, or if something else pops up when the chicks hatch.

cochin2.jpg

In our flock, we also have a couple of black hens, a couple of red hens, a partridge hen, and two red roosters. The little guys can be jerks, but we still love them. :)

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom