The "Ask Anything" to Nicalandia Thread

Okay. So breeding pheonixes to a dark skinned male wouldn't work? I forget which legs they have, but they're either slate, blue or green. That makes their actual skin dark too even if the mother has the normal skin color under her feathers?
They have blue/slate colored shanks. They have what is known as sex linked dermal enhancer id+ which is the wildtype(found in RJF) counterpart of the Sex linked dermal inhibitor Id, one copy of Id is enough to inhibit the melanin production of Fibromelanotic found in Silkies. But it would seem that Cemanis have so many melanin boosters that they inhibit the inhibitor.

All Blue Chicks. Extended Black is dominant over Wildtype so All of the chicks will be E/e+ B/b+ with pea comb, bearded
That's perfect! I have some folks in town wanting blue, black, and splash olive eggers. The beard is a plus and my blue orp and BCM will take care of the rest. Thank you!

They have blue/slate colored shanks. They have what is known as sex linked dermal enhancer id+ which is the wildtype(found in RJF) counterpart of the Sex linked dermal inhibitor Id, one copy of Id is enough to inhibit the melanin production of Fibromelanotic found in Silkies. But it would seem that Cemanis have so many melanin boosters that they inhibit the inhibitor.
So a Sumatra wouldn't be enough to make them work either then, would it?

Back
Top Bottom