Votes: 12 100.0%
  • I'll be doing my own variation outside of BYC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I joined late but I'm in!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Day 4

I feel like everybody, once given the chance, likes to talk about themselves. It can be hard to listen without piping in: “Oh and I did this..”
Try to just listen though! The world can use more listeners! :)
I feel the exact same way! I sometimes have to remind myself of the quote, "You have two ears and one mouth. Use them accordingly."
But this is also my favorite of the twelve days, even if I have to bite my tongue a bit.:p It's so fun to learn about other people's birds and their personalities and names!

Day 6

[Do a secret act of kindness for someone!]
In Matthew 6:6 it says: “But when you pray, go to your room, shut the door, and pray to your Father who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
If you do something kind to be seen by other people for your kindness, you have already received your reward (man’s praise or admiration).

Day 6

[Do a secret act of kindness for someone!]
In Matthew 6:6 it says: “But when you pray, go to your room, shut the door, and pray to your Father who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you.”
If you do something kind to be seen by other people for your kindness, you have already received your reward (man’s praise or admiration).
Have you read The Mansion? It's a short little book, a good read around Christmas, that says exactly what you just did.
A very rich man did many charitable things on earth, though he made sure to always receive credit for his acts. He was allowed to visit heaven for a short while and found that there was nothing but a shack for him, because that's all the angels were given to work with. He had received his mansion and glory on earth, and nothing was left to him in heaven but a shack.

How can we change our mindset to do secret acts of service not for our mansion in heaven, but the people we serve?

Have you read The Mansion? It's a short little book, a good read around Christmas, that says exactly what you just did.
A very rich man did many charitable things on earth, though he made sure to always receive credit for his acts. He was allowed to visit heaven for a short while and found that there was nothing but a shack for him, because that's all the angels were given to work with. He had received his mansion and glory on earth, and nothing was left to him in heaven but a shack.

How can we change our mindset to do secret acts of service not for our mansion in heaven, but the people we serve?
I haven’t, actually! But it sounds good!

Back
Top Bottom