THANK YOU!!

Cherterr

Songster
10 Years
May 24, 2013
Lake Somerville, Texas
I just wanted to post a hearty Thanks to all the great forum members who offer so much help.

Last week I frantically posted an ad on Craigslist to try and find a 'mom' for an orphaned Silkie who was driving me nuts! She was lonely as her last sibling had a sticky grass accident and didn't make it thru the night. So I was Stuck being peeped to death and chased all over the yard.. AND "Peepers" was deathly afraid of other chickens.. SO...

Peepers was out of my very first ever incubator hatching, and I just felt sooo guilty thinking of getting rid of her; and ironically enough: I had just a few days earlier been wishing I had a chicken I could 'pet' again. (be careful what you wish for!!!)

After a couple of days, I remembered this forum and found a thread on 'orphaned chicks'. Someone suggested a mirror and a stuffed animal. It was PERFECT!! I popped those items into the little pink dog crate, and like Magic, no more loud peeping.

Thank you so much for helping me get thru this time. NOW (a week later) I have a more independent 'pet' chick. She still doesn't like other chickens, and still chases me thru the yard, but I can at least pick the times it happens. Peepers now has her/his own little (Tractor Supply model) small 'coop' up close to the house so now we're BOTH happy!:) Still sleeping inside, but she spent her first entire day outside again since the tragedy! :):)

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!:):)

Back
Top Bottom