There are manuals of the Voss articles in French and English available

https://www.manualslib.fr/manual/252590/Voss-Farming-Sunny-200.html?page=34

If you want to know if they deliver in FR or personal advice
Telefoon: + 31-548-744190
Mo.-Fr.: 8:00-17:00 uur
E-mailadres: [email protected]
Most people in NL speak English.
They don't deliver to France. They have a french site where I found the info :
https://www.cloture-electrique.expert/cloture-electrique/electrificateurs/electrificateurs-12-v.html
The products you mention, on the french site, are cited in red as not to be used for netting. I didn't do the translation to see if they put out the same warning on the original Deutsch site. As far as I can tell there is only one of the solar system that they say is compliant with netting. I will certainly contact them to ask more. But I'm not there yet, first I need to talk with my partner to see if he agrees with the idea.

They don't deliver to France. They have a french site where I found the info :
https://www.cloture-electrique.expert/cloture-electrique/electrificateurs/electrificateurs-12-v.html
The products you mention, on the french site, are cited in red as not to be used for netting. I didn't do the translation to see if they put out the same warning on the original Deutsch site. As far as I can tell there is only one of the solar system that they say is compliant with netting. I will certainly contact them to ask more. But I'm not there yet, first I need to talk with my partner to see if he agrees with the idea.
Maybe once he is over their destruction of the tree graft!

Last edited:
You would not think it worth it to get upset for that, but my partner is very keen on grafting both at the right day for the moon and also just when the trees are beginning to bud so that the sap is flowing, so now he can't. It's all a bit of hocus pocus for me to be honest but I could see he was very unhappy.
This really made me laugh. :gig

Honey laid her things two days in a row (2/4, 2/5 I believe) as posted here. She is normal and fine. We did not see any more bad eggs from her, but this does not mean she didn't do it as we both have to be at work for quite a while during the weekdays. When we are able to observe, for at least two other days, she acted like she really wanted to lay inside house. We let her in, and she would stay in her nesting box, but nothing.

Poopy is behaving the same, in terms of she has been laying soft egg or weak shelled eggs in the last year. Yesterday she was in and out of the nesting box but nothing came out of it either. She also seems fine otherwise.

We will do our best for both of them.

Honey and poopy on the left
20240208_162420.jpg

More Inky
20240208_162355.jpg

20240208_162350.jpg

You would not think it worth it to get upset for that, but my partner is very keen on grafting both at the right day for the moon and also just when the trees are beginning to bud so that the sap is flowing, so now he can't. It's all a bit of hocus pocus for me to be honest but I could see he was very unhappy.
People who use this method of timing believe it's very important. Science may come up with a reason someday. After all leaches sounds crazy but modern medicine has found in some cases they are better.

People who use this method of timing believe it's very important. Science may come up with a reason someday. After all leaches sounds crazy but modern medicine has found in some cases they are better.
Manue, Is your partner gardening and living to the biodynamic or Demeter standards?
https://demeter.net/

This really made me laugh. :gig

Honey laid her things two days in a row (2/4, 2/5 I believe) as posted here. She is normal and fine. We did not see any more bad eggs from her, but this does not mean she didn't do it as we both have to be at work for quite a while during the weekdays. When we are able to observe, for at least two other days, she acted like she really wanted to lay inside house. We let her in, and she would stay in her nesting box, but nothing.

Poopy is behaving the same, in terms of she has been laying soft egg or weak shelled eggs in the last year. Yesterday she was in and out of the nesting box but nothing came out of it either. She also seems fine otherwise.

We will do our best for both of them.

Honey and poopy on the left
View attachment 3746067

More Inky
View attachment 3746065
View attachment 3746066
I hope both will continue to be fine ! It's hard not to worry, but I guess the way they act is your best indicator. The three of them look good and lively on the picture.

I have had conflicting experiences. Vanille and Caramel died before they were three from reproductive diseases, and in Caramel's case it was fast, the matter of three months. But Blanche had terrible laying issues in her second year, and she is still here. And Cannelle started having laying problems in her third year and it took more than a year and a half before it looked like she was seriously ill.
I have to agree with you. Recent scientific studies on trees and how they interact in systemic ways with other living beings and with their environment are quite amazing apparently.
Manue, Is your partner gardening and living to the biodynamic or Demeter standards?
https://demeter.net/
That would make him laugh! No, I'm ready to bet people here were following the moon to plant way before Steiner was born. And it has nothing to do with environmental sensitivity, some of these old timers loved using all the Bayer chemicals when they came out and swore by Round up and they still garden with the moon, it's just how they were taught !
We thought the raptor had landed next to Piou-piou and not made contact, but apparently we were wrong because yesterday I saw a huge bunch of tiny feathers where it happened. I checked her all over and she has no wounds but she has even less feathers than she did ! She hasn't really molted so it looks like she will go through another year with her sides completely bare 🙁.

Cannelle had a terrible day yesterday and when I saw that she put herself to bed in the nest next to their roost, I was ready to find her dead this morning. But she was actually a tiny bit better. She is eating dry chick starter, something none of my chickens have ever eaten !

Alba
IMG_20240213_141120.jpg

Nieva
IMG_20240213_141443.jpg

Chipie spent about half an hour freezing Léa and explaining she was still the queen.
IMG_20240213_143100.jpg

Blanche and Cannelle eating starter feed.
IMG_20240213_161212.jpg

Kara.
IMG_20240213_154644.jpg

I think it's a good idea to give smaller bites of food like starter crumbles to older or sick chickens. Janet found small bites far more digestible.

If a chicken's not eating at all who cares about nutritional balance, just get her or him eating whatever food, then use supplements if needs be.

I think it's a good idea to give smaller bites of food like starter crumbles to older or sick chickens. Janet found small bites far more digestible.

If a chicken's not eating at all who cares about nutritional balance, just get her or him eating whatever food, then use supplements if needs be.
Yes, definitely. I let the very sick chickens choose what they will eat, and several times I've seen them focus on one specific food for a few days, and not necessarily something they usually enjoy. Dry starter feed is a first here, they normally only eat it as a mash,but it's quite balanced compared to Blanche's banana, Caramel eating a specific herb, or Brune eating chicken ham !

We had dinner at Gaston's place yesterday. My partner saw Pied Beau during the day. He was relieved because last week we thought he may have had broken a finger that looked swollen and painful, but it seemed to have healed on it's own.
We ate pot-au-feu / beef stew then he put two kilos of pasta in what was left over and said that was the food for the chickens, cats, dogs and quails the next day 🤣.
We talked about Chipie, and Gaston said that thinking about it, he realised she was probably much older than he told us. Maybe nine or ten ?! I don't know if he was joking, or exaggerating !

IMG_20240214_112504.jpg

Devil shenanigans.
IMG_20240214_092359.jpg

Back
Top Bottom