Théo and the chickens des Sauches

Bit of a tangent: I was reading about Arthur Conan Doyle last night, only on Wikipedia. He had an old-fashioned English education. All Latin and Greek and Euclid and being scared. He said there was some merit in it because it was like lifting weights with the brain. It was good training and made his mind fit for undertaking other modes of thought.

Pour enough good whisky down them and the topic won't seem worth the effort eventually:p
Some history knowledge is helpfull when having debates on topics like local wars. Also reading diverse sources of information.
I agree. Good whiskey trumps all. I also love history. Had I chosen to teach I would have liked to teach history. My wife and I discuss Mexican history as well. It's a shame how many are blissfully ignorant especially those who say we shouldn't let Mexicans into Texas. The idiots don't know it was Mexico before it was Texas. We took more land from Mexico than we bought from the French with the Louisiana Purchase.

I agree. Good whiskey trumps all. I also love history. Had I chosen to teach I would have liked to teach history. My wife and I discuss Mexican history as well. It's a shame how many are blissfully ignorant especially those who say we shouldn't let Mexicans into Texas. The idiots don't know it was Mexico before it was Texas. We took more land from Mexico than we bought from the French with the Louisiana Purchase.
PS: Don't get me started about native Americans and the multitude of wrong doings done unto them. My father accidentally received a book called Bury my hear at Wounded Knee. It was a synopsis of the plight of several tribes west of the Mississippi. After reading it several times I can never look at cowboy and Indian movies the same.

Turkeys and chooks for taxes
20230813_114737.jpg

PS: Don't get me started about native Americans and the multitude of wrong doings done unto them. My father accidentally received a book called Bury my hear at Wounded Knee. It was a synopsis of the plight of several tribes west of the Mississippi. After reading it several times I can never look at cowboy and Indian movies the same.
I feel the same, but in the Australian context.

This has been showing here
https://www.channel5.com/show/the-frontier
It has been a revelation.

Back
Top Bottom