Texas

All,

This is a repost from last year, but a reminder and updated attachment. I have made a similar post in the Laws & Regulations Section.

As many of you are aware we have almost had a chicken bill passed in Texas for the past two legislative sessions, only for them to stall in committee or on the floor. The only way that this stops is by getting a bill started early and making it a priority for your representative. In 2019, our last legislative session the bill was held up by our representatives not wanting to give the folks in HOAs' and POAs' the same rights as those in municipalities. I have drafted the attached bill to submit to my representative, this modifies the bill that died on the floor in 2019. While this does not grant blanket rights it seems to be a compromise that most of us could live with.

To make this happen we need to have everyone contact their representative and make this an issue for them. If you are in Texas and don't know who you representative is I have included a link: https://wrm.capitol.texas.gov/home

While, some of the representatives may change in the upcoming election it is never to early to start sending these requests to them on a weekly/monthly basis. The more they hear from us the more likely they are to prioritize this issue.

Thank you!

Attachments

• Chicken Bill.pdf
    43.2 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom