Texas

Would need to see a picture of your mille fleur Belgian to know if I've ever seen one before. I live in southeast Texas, Vidor to be precise.

Quote:
Greetings and welcome! You've started out EXACTLY right! True chickeneers ALWAYS get their birds FIRST and THEN worry about lodging! Please don't even contemplate construction of a coop until you have a dozen more chicks waiting for a residence there. Coops can be anything from a fenced in area with a wood box for shelter inside, all the way up to chicken-ma-hal... There's a coop thread on here and even if you go there and then select to just look at all the pictures folks have posted, I'm sure you'll come up with some ideas that are within your budget and capabilities. Heck, if you have no construction abilities at all, you can buy one of those pre-built sheds from a big box like Lowes, have it delivered and placed then modify it to work. Whatever you do, there are three very important things you must always be aware of... GOOD ventilation, BAD ventilation, and of course MORE ventilation. The birds come with a down coat of sorts and can handle the TX cold, but they can get over heated in the summer down here. Make yourself at home and pics are always welcome!

Well @myklt8 it sure took you long enough to finally post! FOUR YEARS! Might be a new record! Greetings and welcome. Make yourself at home! Post some picks if you get a chance.

Well @myklt8 it sure took you long enough to finally post! FOUR YEARS! Might be a new record! Greetings and welcome. Make yourself at home! Post some picks if you get a chance.
LOL, I do like to over research.
I actually had built a coop and got some chicks 4 years ago, then found out our city had changed ordinances the year before.
had to pass the chicks on to someone else.
I have since moved to a more chicken friendly city.

Hey Ya'll!!

I'm in Granbury, Texas just joined the group and the whole raising chicken experience. Can't wait to get started. I have a plymouth rock Rooster named Mr.C. We are working on building a coop and stuff this weekend. He just showed up a few days ago and I couldn't find where he came from so were gonna keep him. Yall share some tips and tricks on building a coop and all that would be awesome.

Thanks
Stephanie
welcome-byc.gif

Okay fellow Texans, I need your help! I am looking for a mille fleur Belgian d"Uccle pullet or a mille fleur/calico bantam orpington. I am in Houston and I know someone has to have one or know of someone who does. I am willing to drive a ways or wait a little while for shipping. Can anyone help?!?! I am obsessed! My husband is out Super Bowl celebrity stalking and of course I am sitting at home chicken shopping.
yuckyuck.gif
Super Bowl celebrity stalking, I LOVE it! Sorry I can't help with what your looking for but am dying to know if your husband saw any celebrities? Good luck with your shopping
big_smile.png

Hello, again, from Grapeland (between Crockett & Palestine).
Happy to be back after a year away. New granddaughter came and she just stole my attention.

Our flock has grown and we have eggs under hens at the moment for hatching.

Our little adventure into chickens has been a blast and I can't wait to jump back in here to visit and meet new people!

Lisa

Last edited:
This was in November the weekend of her first birthday.
She walked for the first time at our house ;)

Current flock as of August 2016 - we had a dog massacre just before this was taken and lost 6 hens
Red Sex Link, Leghorns, Easter Eggers, Australorps, Buff Orpingtons,
Welsummers, Rhode Island Reds. All hens.

We just got hatching eggs. Hoping for a rooster or two.
Dominiques(3), RIR (6), Black Copper Maran (1), Silver Laced Wyandotte(1)

This was in November the weekend of her first birthday.
She walked for the first time at our house ;)

Current flock as of August 2016 - we had a dog massacre just before this was taken and lost 6 hens
Red Sex Link, Leghorns, Easter Eggers, Australorps, Buff Orpingtons,
Welsummers, Rhode Island Reds. All hens.

We just got hatching eggs. Hoping for a rooster or two.
Dominiques(3), RIR (6), Black Copper Maran (1), Silver Laced Wyandotte(1)

She is ADORABLE!!! How luck for you that she is close by.

I HATE dog massacres. I am sorry for your loss. Your flock looks healthy!

Back
Top Bottom