Temp at 95?

Jaswango

Chirping
Apr 23, 2024
My temp is ranging from 93 to 97 is that ok for the first days? I know 95 is the right temp for the first week? Can it range or is 95 the goal??? I don’t want my first babies too hot or too cold 🐣😍

Attachments

• IMG_6057.png
    IMG_6057.png
    3.6 MB · Views: 58
  • IMG_6058.png
    IMG_6058.png
    4.2 MB · Views: 19
It's 93-97 without a heat source, or is that with the heat source? If that's without a heat source, you won't need one during the days (but will likely need to provide it at night as it cools off).

If that's with the heat source it's a bit high for my liking. Is the temperature the same throughout the brooder or is there a cooler area? It's highly recommended to have a warm zone but also a cool zone where they can get away from the heat.

How big is that area?
It doesn't look like they have any room to get away from the heat. 85 would be waaaayyyy too hot for chicks in my house. 85 would be plenty hot enough.

They've already cooked in the egg. You don't need to continue to cook them.

Y’all are so helpful!!!! Yes the cool space is only 82-87 so still warm🤷🏻‍♀️👍
With that small off a brooder, it can be harder to get a cooler area. From pics looks like you're using a heat lamp, if so you could go to a lower wattage bulb to reduce size of heated area. Also, can move light as far to one end as possible even if it isn't directly 100% over brooder. You only need an area at high temp range large enough for what looks like only 6 chicks. Hope this helps.

With that small off a brooder, it can be harder to get a cooler area. From pics looks like you're using a heat lamp, if so you could go to a lower wattage bulb to reduce size of heated area. Also, can move light as far to one end as possible even if it isn't directly 100% over brooder. You only need an area at high temp range large
Is that a fish tank they are in?

enough for what looks like only 6 chicks. Hope this helps. 👍 yes and it was a test batch and is working but short term don’t worry I got this (with help)
Thank you 😊 we’ve been struggling with temperatures keeping at 95

Back
Top Bottom