Table top incubator for chickens-duck? Been searching for months!

clucknpeck

Songster
7 Years
Mar 15, 2012
I have read many forums on incubators, I have visted many web sites, but I STILL need help!
With my hovabator I only had about a 50% hatch rate and that just won't do.
I want something not styrofoam, something suitable for eggs from chickens to geese, and it must have an auto turn and digital thermometer and hygrometer.
I would love the rcom 20, but the kick is I can't find it for less than $450 after shipping and I just can't afford that right now. Around $300-$350 would be a little better.
I wouldn't mind a mini, but can they hatch geese eggs?
It would just make my day if someone had an idea or knew of the cheapest place to get an incubator. Hatching season is coming up and I want to be happily hatching!
Thanks

I ordered the bronzes octagon advance off amazon for $340 with shipping. The only thing I don't know is if it can do geese eggs, the octagon has less space. Reviews wise they seem the best

Thanks so much for the reply!
I did some research and it looks like it can hatch geese eggs... Its a good deal but its still at the top of my price list so I am thinking I might just buy the brinsea mini advanced for this year and save for my much dreamed about rcom and get goose eggs on a later date.

I have an octagon 20 advance and absolutely adore it. You might try going to the Brinsea website and calling their customer service line. If you ask for factory blemished models you can sometimes get a great deal on the incubator you want. I got an octagon 40 from them that way at almost half price!

Brinsea is having a bit of a sale right now, you can get the Octagon ECO with turner for $220 or so right now. It really isn't very hard to keep the humidity right, and mine held perfect temperatures with no need to adjust for the whole two years I used it. I set it once and then just forgot it. I fit turkey eggs in it, so I don't think geese eggs would be a problem at all.

I had fantastic hatch rates in that little sucker, I wouldn't have sold it if I hadn't upgraded to my Brinsea OVA 380 Advance. Now it lives on a bird rescue hatching out macaws and cockatoos. I miss it. :(

I also have a brinsea eco 20. and bought the autoturner. It is an excellent piece of equipment! I did not get the one that has the humidifer monitor ( or whatever you call it), but have had no problems regulating the humidity with a $8.00 humidity monitor. Have had many successful hatches. The auto turner makes it so easy, and the temps are easy to control. Look into brinseas--you wan't be disappointed.

Thanks you guys! I am looking into the brinsea Eco now, and will be calling the company tomorrow! These responses are just what I was looking for :D

http://www.cpsc.gov/cpscpub/prerel/prhtml13/13085.html
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 2, 2013
Release #13-085​
Firm's Recall Hotline: (800) 553-1791
CPSC Recall Hotline: (800) 638-2772
CPSC Media Contact: (301) 504-7908​
Brower Recalls Top Hatch Egg Incubators Due to Fire Hazard

WASHINGTON, D.C. - The U.S. Consumer Product Safety Commission, in cooperation with the firm named below, today announced a voluntary recall of the following consumer product. Consumers should stop using recalled products immediately unless otherwise instructed. It is illegal to resell or attempt to resell a recalled consumer product.
Name of Product: Egg Incubator
Units: About 2,500
Manufacturer: Brower Division of Hawkeye Steel Products Inc., of Houghton, Iowa
Hazard: The base can ignite during use, posing a fire hazard to the consumer.
Incidents/Injuries: Brower received three reports of fires, all of which resulted in property damage. No injuries have been reported.
Description: The product is a round, light gray plastic egg incubator with a clear plastic top used to hatch many different types of eggs. The incubator is 18 inches in diameter and 12 inches tall. The recalled Model TH120 Brower Top Hatch Incubator has two main components - a tray and a base. A crank arm and a turner motor are located in the base. The crank arm snaps into place on the turner motor. The motor turns the crank arm which, in turn, rotates the tray. The clear plastic top has an engraving which says, "THIS SIDE UP." The model number is located on the side of the packaging box.
Sold at: Mills Fleet Farm, Stromberg's Chick and Gamebirds, Unlimited and other farm supply retailers from January 2009 to September 2010 for about $190.
Manufactured in: United States
Remedy: Consumers should immediately stop using the product and contact the company for a free replacement base.
Consumer Contact: Brower at (800) 553-1791, from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CT Monday through Friday or online at www.browerequip.com/recall.pdf

I bought a bator!!
I got the octagon Eco so I really hope it's as awesome as you guys say :D
I got a factory blemished model for $109 and got an auto turn cradle. Thank you all so much!

Back
Top Bottom