Swedish Flower Hen Thread

LOL - You still need to get setup to ship to Virginia.
ep.gif

LOL - You still need to get setup to ship to Virginia.
ep.gif
I know, I know...
hide.gif
I had to postpone my NPIP inspection due to a higher priority matter. Since the inspector is driving 2 hours to get here, I want to make sure I am around when she gets here instead of off signing papers somewhere. Now it is too hot and I don't want to stress my birds anymore than they already are. It is supposed to cool down again next week, so if I can get the other matter wrapped up, maybe soon.
fl.gif

My second POL pullet is finally laying too! That means I am getting three SFH eggs a day! She was in the nest box this morning, let out an egg song, and I found a lovely egg a bit later.

This last girl is laying biiiiiggg eggs for a pullet! I need to take a photo and compare them to some of my older girls' eggs.

Now...time to devise a breeding pen. Needless to say, they will not be thrilled. They all love to free range. I do see just the SFH boys mounting them, but I have an EE roo and 2 mixed breeds out there and don't want to risk it.

My second POL pullet is finally laying too! That means I am getting three SFH eggs a day! She was in the nest box this morning, let out an egg song, and I found a lovely egg a bit later.

This last girl is laying biiiiiggg eggs for a pullet! I need to take a photo and compare them to some of my older girls' eggs.

Now...time to devise a breeding pen. Needless to say, they will not be thrilled. They all love to free range. I do see just the SFH boys mounting them, but I have an EE roo and 2 mixed breeds out there and don't want to risk it.
I myself have decided to keep only sfh roos and some wellsummers [very dark egg] and leghorns [white egg]. I will save the sfh eggs for breeding and selling and eat the others.

BDM I love the coloring on that one!

Looks like I have another SFH going broody. Today is their day to free range & Yvonne refuses to leave the roosting cabin. Everyone else ran out to go bug hunting. I might put sneak choc orp eggs under her too
wink.png

I'm glad you have such good company!
I can't wait for my eggs to hatch!!!
I received my 6 chicks from Greenfire a couple of days ago.
They are so sweet. Look to have blue, black, and a red color.
They are very healthy and running all around in the brooder.
I've been saying my pullet prayers! LOL
Diane in Texas

I'm glad you have such good company!
I can't wait for my eggs to hatch!!!
I received my 6 chicks from Greenfire a couple of days ago.
They are so sweet. Look to have blue, black, and a red color.
They are very healthy and running all around in the brooder.
I've been saying my pullet prayers! LOL
Diane in Texas

Can't wait to hear egg updates!

Back
Top Bottom