Suspected Cockerels. Please HELP!

Mikski

Chirping
Apr 5, 2024
I have a flock of 12 chicks. All are about 6-7 weeks old. I have one lavender Ameraucana that I’m almost positive is a cockerel, but then three that I’m on the fence about. Please help!

Lavender Olive Egger. Supposed to be a mix of BBS Marans and CCL, but idk how they would get the lavender coloring from that. Comb doesn’t seem to be large and pronounced, but is kinda turning red and this one has been the runt and the slowest to feather. Hatch date of 3/21 so almost 7 weeks old.
IMG_7850.jpeg

IMG_7853.jpeg

Delaware. Of course my toddler’s favorite chicken (she named it Flappy). Its comb and wattles just started to really pop up in the last week or two. It doesn’t have much sooty coloring though so still holding out hope it’s a pullet. 7 weeks old. Thoughts?
IMG_7861.jpeg
IMG_7862.jpeg

And finally, MY favorite chick - my little silver laced Wyandotte. This one is 6 weeks old. Seems like a lot of wattle to me, but I’ve heard wyandottes get red early so still hoping pullet. Thoughts?
IMG_7857.jpeg
IMG_7855.jpeg
IMG_7854.jpeg

Let me know if I need any additional pictures! Not sure what I will do with them if they all end up being cockerels. Thank you!

I think the Wyandotte is a pullet because of the clean lacing around the neck and shoulders. The other two look like Pullets to me but I could be wrong.

Back
Top Bottom