Surviving Minnesota!

And no one would have known if not for one snitch...
animated_1605833269231.gif

How long were they hanging out in the coop :sick don't eat them, but open and see what is going on.
Well, when I went to open their door to the run this morning, there was nothing in there. I saw on my camera that the orpington had laid an egg in the box in the early afternoon, when I checked them again late in the afternoon there were 4 eggs there. That surprised me, because there are 4 chickens & one is supposedly an olive egger (which, to my knowledge has yet to lay an egg), so even if they had all 4 laid an egg, one of them would have greenish shell, right? What is really strange is that "stem" on the egg.....looks like you could have picked it off a tree, like an apple. Otherwise I would have taken it for an underdeveloped egg (since the egger hasn't laid yet). Attached is a pic of all 4 eggs that were there.

Attachments

• egg 2.jpg
    egg 2.jpg
    870.7 KB · Views: 6
Well, when I went to open their door to the run this morning, there was nothing in there. I saw on my camera that the orpington had laid an egg in the box in the early afternoon, when I checked them again late in the afternoon there were 4 eggs there. That surprised me, because there are 4 chickens & one is supposedly an olive egger (which, to my knowledge has yet to lay an egg), so even if they had all 4 laid an egg, one of them would have greenish shell, right? What is really strange is that "stem" on the egg.....looks like you could have picked it off a tree, like an apple. Otherwise I would have taken it for an underdeveloped egg (since the egger hasn't laid yet). Attached is a pic of all 4 eggs that were there.
As I start to open up the egg, that "stem" is loose and moves around. egg 3.jpg

Morning . Got the car . It is fully loaded - all the bells and whistles as they say . Lots of new to us features to learn . One made me smile . DW is a curb hugger - rides the line . This one puts you back in the lane . I kept quiet and hid my smile . :D
So Ralphie you should build your new deer shack on a trailer . Then you can change locations as needed .

Come check out the new contests!

Counting/Guessing Contests

Hobby/Art Contests. The Hobby one's winners will be chosen by a random number generator, the art one will be judged.

Photo Contests

Copied from a post by @casportpony

Back
Top Bottom