Surviving Minnesota!

Still cloudy here, no rain, but it looks like it should?!? We had had a few sprinkles but that is it.

Thanks for liking my geese! It’s pretty cool, really. I have a mama goose that tries her hardest to set eggs, but it usually doesn’t turn out for her. This year I happened upon someone selling Sebastopol goslings, and got three of them.
so, after her setting for 6 weeks (and one egg exploding) she has three goslings, just a few weeks old! Yippee!

.......last year I made her foster ducks, poor mama, I could actually hear the frustration in her yelling at them to get out of the mud!

Jerry no skeeters . Yet. Swamp must be too cold. That might change this week. I saw a 79 for Wednesday. I did my strategic mosquito dunks in the pot holes. I don’t know if I have caught the larvae stage to mess it up yet. We shall see.
There is some sort of gnat that’s pesky up here though. People are yipping about.

Power washed our large deck yesterday. Mowed lawn. Cleaned out manure in coop.
Took Aleve.

Chickens got walleye rib meat again this weekend. Getting their fish protein on the weekend.

Filled Sadie’s holes yesterday. She dug them up today.
Frickin’ frackin’ stooopid lab.

Took eggs to neighbors. They were happy as could be.

DH camped 4 days at Red lake for his guys trip. DS drove up two days in a row. Up at 4:30 each morning. DD worked and then she brushed out a bunch of horses yesterday. My kids are growing and always gone. Better get used to it. Love that they’re not laying about though.

Saw a humming bird.

Back
Top Bottom