Super Small Chick

fxyloos

In the Brooder
Oct 30, 2022
I have 3 chicks that a mama hen hatched (10/1) One of them is so small and doesn't seem to be getting any bigger. I have been calling it Tiny or Tiny Tim. I don't know what the sex is yet. This small chick is about the size of a week old or at most a two week old chick. It follows the mama hen and does the same thing as the other two chicks but is at least half their size. They seem to also be small. I have been trying to make sure they are getting the chick start feed every chance I get but they are in the same run with all the other chickens. Not sure if there is something else I should be doing to make sure they are thriving. I have been giving them millworms and I'm working on sprouting some fresh greens for them. They all get fresh vegetables daily of some kind. But any suggestions would be really great.

Should I be worried? The mama hen has been an amazing mother. This is the first time we have ever had a hen go broody and hatch some chicks....

I don't currently have pictures but if needed I could get some tonight when I get home from work.

Attachments

• Chick.JPG
    Chick.JPG
    663.3 KB · Views: 545

Back
Top Bottom