Sulfur water, and a few other questions

hippiechickadee

In the Brooder
5 Years
May 22, 2014
Upstate NY
I have well water (which happens to be sulfur water), will the chickens care? If anyone thought it would be a problem I can most certainly use tap water from inside the house, didn't know if anyone else had experience.

Besides that, I was curious that if I did go the sulfur route, if I should start that with the chicks right away (they will be in the house for a few weeks in their brooder).

Last water questions, I swear!

I was thinking it would be easier to just have a water bowl that I could pick up and rinse out often and refill as it gets dirty. Is there a reason I shouldn't go that route? I know they will knock it over, kick dirt into it etc. but I can check on it often throughout the day. Just curious if there is a reason to use a bigger better water "system" then a bowl. I'm completely a newbie so I would like to learn everything I can.

I use suffer water, but the water dispensers need to be plastic or the suffer will eat through it. None of my animals (including birds) have been harmed from my well water (sulfer)

I have well water (which happens to be sulfur water), will the chickens care? If anyone thought it would be a problem I can most certainly use tap water from inside the house, didn't know if anyone else had experience.

Besides that, I was curious that if I did go the sulfur route, if I should start that with the chicks right away (they will be in the house for a few weeks in their brooder).

Last water questions, I swear!

I was thinking it would be easier to just have a water bowl that I could pick up and rinse out often and refill as it gets dirty. Is there a reason I shouldn't go that route? I know they will knock it over, kick dirt into it etc. but I can check on it often throughout the day. Just curious if there is a reason to use a bigger better water "system" then a bowl. I'm completely a newbie so I would like to learn everything I can.
Sulfer water is benificial to everything that drinks it, it helps repel fleas,ticks, mites, and best of all misqutoes

Back
Top Bottom