Strombergs hatching eggs?

clucknpeck

Songster
7 Years
Mar 15, 2012
I have been trying to find reviews on strombergs sq hatching eggs but I am not having much luck. The few reviews I have found are discouraging, but they are older.
If anyone could tell me anything about them it would be very much appreciated! They have a breed I would love to have and I don't think their eggs are badly priced.

Subscribing to this thread -

I also was wondering about their SQ birds since I
have seen that in their catalog.

I have gotten their chicks & I got some guinea keets last fall.
PeepsCa said they drop ship their keets from the guineafarm.com, which
has most all colors.

Good luck & giving a bump!

As far as price goes, I just set a bunch from Gabbard Farms into my incubator, and they were a bit better priced than strombergs, I candled the eggs sacs before putting them in an all seemed well with a great packing job. I am interested to know how Strombergs does thoughas they are my next choice if I end up with a poor hatch rate with the ones I currently have in the bator.

Hmm thanks for the tip about gabbed farms roostermoose.
Isn't it weird there is so little info about strombergs eggs? I don't want to just jump in because it turns out you have to purchase 15 eggs from strombergs which doesn't exactly make it cheep.

I've read that Strombergs sq day olds often come from Duane Urch in MN. Mr. Urch also sells hatching eggs, maybe the eggs come from him. I have no direct experience with Mr. Urch's birds but they are said to be excellent.

Stromberg's isn’t even a hatchery; they buy and sell chicks and eggs. I learned the hard way. There is a hatchery here in NM that has poor breeding. I had got some sex-links and white leggings from them. My white leggings are all dying from eggs bound. Problem is they have been breed to small 1.5 to 3 pounds full grown, should be 4-41/2. They’re not able to lay ex-large eggs because of their size. I refuse to buy from them (Privett hatchery) because what they’re doing is cruel to the chickens. Stomberg doenst check out who there buying and reselling from, so please check them out. Stromberg is just a chicken broker!!!! You want a good breeder even if they cost more.

Back
Top Bottom