Strange Looking Chicken

Whirlwind

Songster
12 Years
Apr 14, 2007
Tuttle, Oklahoma
Hi I thought this was funny. My cat Izzy gets in the hen house while girls are out free ranging. I caught her in the nest box a nice cozy place to take a nap.

100_0630.jpg

Also my husband built me this "chicken stroller" as we call it, after I lost my Haley to a Hawk.Sister to Lily and Lucy in stroller
100_0383.jpg
Izzy likes to think she is the watch cat.

What a great idea! I don't have chickens yet, but have been thinking of asking DH to build me something similar when the time arrives. We live in Vermont and have foxes, hawks and owls so I'm very nervous about letting them free-range too much. I want to give them another option besides the coop and fenced chicken yard.

Congratulations on a clever design! Also LOVE the cat - talk about making herself right at home with the girls!

Mary Pat

100_0382.jpg

Here is a better pic of the chicken stoller. Used the handle and wheels off an old lawn mower. Just raise up on handle and stroll them to a new spot. Be careful if you have bantams as I have let them get out when I raised it up. I wired a tuna can to the side for feed. They would really rather scratch the ground. {My husband calls chicks natures rotertillers}.Also wire waterer to top as we live on a hill. I now have 7 hens and have to move them more often. They sure do like new grass.

She is part siamese, right? Lovely cat!
I like the tractor (stroller) you have, especially the wheels!!
Thanks for sharing!
clap.gif

Last edited:
Not sure what breed Izzy is. I got her from a house that had a sign in the front yard that said free kittens and puppies. Never saw her parents. But they did say she did not look like either parent.

The stroller works well, I think the wheels could be bigger and it might be easierto move around. We live on a hill and not much level ground so sometimes it kind of high centers. DH said he should have used 1 x 2's instead of 2 x 4's and it would of been lighter to move around. I was free ranging more but had to start using stroller again after I lost my 2nd to red tailed hawk. Caught him in the act this time. He seams to be getting bolder. Spoiled rotten chickens think they are being punished. They love free ranging so much.

Beautiful kitty! I bet she is part siamese. I adopted a cat with the same build and eye color ( he was all white). The laady at the shelter said he was part siamese because siamese are the only cats with blue eyes.

What do you know! We have exotic cats!

Izzy is beautiful! She looks alot like my cat Skitty who also loves to hang with the chickens.

Back
Top Bottom