Stella's Social Club

Aw they look cute. And nervous.

My now not so little cockerel and one of his Delaware girls have decided to sleep out every night, so every night I have to go out and chase them in. She I just pick up. He runs frantically around squawking wildly until he realizes he can go inside. Same thing every night :lol:

Unfortunately my understanding is that's the way all the seam pieces are for laminant flooring. They are basically pressboard with a veneer over them, so they are not very durable at all. Probably need to go with a different flooring option if you really really hate the stairs as much as it sounds.

I have laminate floors and I can see where having it on steps would be problematic - really not sturdy on edge like real wood, all the edges need to be covered and that would lead to an overlap on the edge of the step. Maybe the steps could be a different material, that would also help make them more visible.

Why not a berber carpet for the stairs? Just replace when it gets old. We have berber on our stairs and it has been very durable. You would want a darker color though. We have a lighter color and it shows dirt.

Another benefit is that it is softer and gives sure footing in my opinion.

Why not a berber carpet for the stairs? Just replace when it gets old. We have berber on our stairs and it has been very durable. You would want a darker color though. We have a lighter color and it shows dirt.

Another benefit is that it is softer and gives sure footing in my opinion.

it isn't stairs, just a single step.

I had a surprise this morning. I went to check on my broody this morning, she had 2 olive egger chicks. A day early.
love.gif
I relocated her and her babies to private quarters for a week before letting them out with the flock. My birds are fighting me on downsizing!

I also got another welsummer pullet egg today. It's darker than 2 days ago.
celebrate.gif
I'll collect a few more and get a picture.

Last edited:
I also bottled up my honey today. I only got 1/3 of what I got last year.
sad.png
The color is the exact same, but I swear, the taste is slightly different.
hmm.png
I spoke with several other beekeepers, and their crops are way down this year too. All the thunderstorms and cold weather during the blackberry bloom really screwed us up I think.

Congrats on the new chicks, Kelly. Sorry that you didn't get as much honey as last year. Is there anyway to find out if that is a local/regional issue or a wider spread problem?

Congrats on the new chicks, Kelly. Sorry that you didn't get as much honey as last year. Is there anyway to find out if that is a local/regional issue or a wider spread problem?

It's a local thing mostly, though the drought isn't helping. It all depends on the flowers and temperatures, and we are mostly dependent on blackberries for ours. I've talked with some in the midwest, and they saying they have had a record honey year.

We initially got the bees for pollination, not honey, so the honey is just a bonus. With all the work you go through to harvest the honey, you just want enough to make it worth the work.

My MIL has a HUGE tulip poplar tree and they are supposed to be fantastic for nectar, so I'm thinking of putting a hive at her place in the spring.

Back
Top Bottom