Starlight Green Egger

Pics

darbymomma

Chirping
May 17, 2020
I have seen very little information about this breed anywhere so I wanted to track my own findings and experience in case others need the information.

First off, we were interested in a colored egg layer for our kids. I showed up before noon at my local Rural King and they had already sold out of all 50 Easter Eggers. There was two people in line in front of me and only 6 of these little Starlight Greens left. The employee said they also would lay colored eggs in a blueish green hue. The gentleman in front of me was also a parent looking to expand his flock for his kids. We discussed it as we were waiting and he asked me how many I was wanting so long story short, he left me two of these cute little chicks. I chose a dark brown one and a blonde one so I could see the differences as they grew.

A little back research I found out after... a green egger is a cross between a blue egg and brown egg layer. This specifc breed of Starlight Green is from Hoover Hatchery and is a cross between a Praire Bluebell Egger and a brown egg chicken.

I found an image that I will post from Hoover of what the Praire Bluebell eggers look like. Our two have ended up looking really close to this image.

Here is our journey!

This is the image Hoover Hatchery has for the Starlights. You can see there is a lot of variation. We got the most blonde and the most brown.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200703-150126_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200703-150126_Samsung Internet.jpg
    244 KB · Views: 470

Back
Top Bottom