Speckled sussex and black copper maran roos x-breeds question (how do i keep posting in the wrong thread? xD)

SuziRae1999

In the Brooder
Jun 9, 2019
So I've got a speckled sussex (mahogany or redish brown base with green on tail and wings and some white flecks) and a black copper maran roo.
My hens are barred rock, a couple barred rock mixed with idk what but their father looked barred just darker and threw some black females and dark barred males(medium to dark brown small eggs), I got 2 ee hens (the breeder I bought them from attested to them being ameraucana and said they've got rose combs but their combs are small and wavy extended s shaped combs) with one being white with a gold chest and a grayish/dusty brown patch on her head and some gray on her wings and my other ee is completely the dark dusty brown (I think she's silver) (both are blue eggers), I have a buff orp x ee and 1 pure buff orp.

Does anyone have any experience crossing these breeds or an idea what egg colour(s) and chickens I'll get F1?

Tysm

Last edited:
I'm also wondering if I leave both roos with the girls at the same time if I'll be able to tell their offspring apart at hatch, or only able to once the sussex x temporarity get speckled and the maran pullets start to lay

The roo is my bcm and the middle hen is the ee or ameraucana hen that i believe to be silver and the one on the right idk what her colour is (maybe white x silver?)
The hen in the corner is buff orp x ee

Attachments

• 2020-04-04 06.24.02.jpg
    2020-04-04 06.24.02.jpg
    523.4 KB · Views: 27

Back
Top Bottom