Specific breed crosses. BJG, Bielefelder, SLW, GLW, Dominique/ barred, NHR, BO

allamerican401

In the Brooder
Aug 16, 2020
Does anyone have pictures or experience with any crosses with Bielefelder or Black (black color) Jersey Giant roos over either Biele or BJG hen, Silver Laced Wyandotte hens, Gold Laced Wyandotte hens, Dominique hens, New Hampshire Red hens (RIR, production), or Buff Orpington hens? Australorp mixes should be similar also!.. I'm interested in playing mad scientist with my current breeds. Thank you in advance!

I'm not sure about the wild type. I think that will go to all? For barring it's a solid dominant color roo over a barred hen to get sex links. The biele roo will give one barring copy to each, where pullets only carry one sex link trait and cockerels should be half dominant barred & solid carriers.

I'm not sure about the wild type. I think that will go to all? For barring it's a solid dominant color roo over a barred hen to get sex links. The biele roo will give one barring copy to each, where pullets only carry one sex link trait and cockerels should be half dominant barred & solid carriers.

You are right. I would have to mix a RIR roo with biel hens to get sex links. Oh well. We're going to be mixing them anyway, just to see what we get!

Does anyone have pictures or experience with any crosses with Bielefelder or Black (black color) Jersey Giant roos over either Biele or BJG hen, Silver Laced Wyandotte hens, Gold Laced Wyandotte hens, Dominique hens, New Hampshire Red hens (RIR, production), or Buff Orpington hens? Australorp mixes should be similar also!.. I'm interested in playing mad scientist with my current breeds. Thank you in advance!
Bielefelder x
BJG- black barred with some red leakage
Silver laced wyandotte- silver/gold split males, gold females, either messy duckwing with partial lacing or black with some leakage, both sexes barred
Gold laced wyandotte- same as SLW except no silver
Dominique- (rose combs, unless the Dominique has a single comb gene) black barred with some leakage
New Hampshire red- messy barred red columbian or barred duckwing with a lot of red leakage
Buff Orpington- messy barred buff columbian or barred duckwing with a lot of red leakage (pink legs)

Black jersey giant x
Bielefelder- black barred males, black females, both could have some red leakage
Gold laced wyandotte- could range from entirely black to black with some gold leakage to partial gold lacing
Silver laced wyandotte- same as GLW, except silver leakage possible in male offspring
Dominique- black barred males, black females
New Hampshire red- black with red leakage
Buff Orpington- black with excessive buff patterning (can cover more than half of the body)

Buff Orpington roo splash jersey giant hen

Attachments

• 20200909_170716.jpg
    20200909_170716.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 33
  • 20200909_170702.jpg
    20200909_170702.jpg
    418.1 KB · Views: 36
Just tried this breed combo, I did not separate roos and hens just took from the community nests. They are 5 wk old and these mix labels are my best guess based on the roos activity and number of chicks that hatched. I ended up with 11 Bielefelder, 2 SLW, 14 Bielefelder roo X SLW hen, 1 SLW roo X Bielefelder hen
Bielefelder roo X SLW hen
20210526_064444.jpg

SLW roo X Bielefelder hen
20210526_064406.jpg

Ive got another batch in the incubator so we'll see if the pattern holds.

I actually have a Biele rooster and some RIR hens! Next spring I'm going to set some of their eggs. Pretty sure that mix will create a sex-linked chick, which is awesome!
I was just curious if you ever did the Bielefelder over RIR cross you spoke about. How did it turn out? That was one of my plans for the spring. Thanks

Back
Top Bottom