Spacing for treads on chicken ladder?

My coop door is about 10 inches from the ground and I dont use a ramp...They just hop in and out with ease....Then I dont have to clean off a ramp...I would think the one suggestion with wire on the bottom would help keep it clean also...I love the color of your coop!

~Laura

My door is less than a foot off the ground. Some of them use the ramp and some just hop in. I put a small ramp in last year when I started having some of my hens hatch out their own clutch. I figured the biddies would need it to get back in the coop and I had a time catching them and getting them back in the coop before a shower came.

Great job! Please put some more pics up and show us the overall view of what you have created here!

wink.png

(Edited to fix link)

I've got the inspector coming out tomorrow to give us the final ok on the coop. It's part of the process for our "limited agricultural permit" - our chicken license, in other words.

I worked on my coop page the other day. Here's the link https://www.backyardchickens.com/web/viewblog.php?id=13520-coop-construction . I haven't finished posting all the pictures and it's pretty wordy, but I figure those folks who can do without my lame prose can just look at the pictures. I hope to have some time next week to finish the page. So much other stuff around the house got left by the wayside while we were building that I've just got to catch up with that before I can do more chicken stuff. I'm really hoping I can get up to Maryland next weekend and retrieve the birds before they die of old age. Seems like I've been waiting to get them forever!

Last edited:
Quote:
Great idea using hardware cloth. I just put ours in the coop for the first time last night and I was surprised at how slippery the ramp (unpainted OSB) even with little slope. Thanks for sharing.

Back
Top Bottom