Songs We Like

Pics
I still stuck on Guantanamera...:oops: , delving into the history.

Jose Fernandez Diaz set Marti's versos to music. After Marti's (1898)death in the fight for independence from Spain, it became a national and political song. Jose'Joseito' Fernandez performed it in the 1930s changing the lyrics in order to comment on the politics of the day, at least as I understand it.

and a version by Celia Cruz

and completely off topic..
:lol:

And since we are on a swamp theme, here is one from Jerry Reed. Have not hears this on radio for over 30 years.
and here is one from Charlie Daniels Band
We constantly hear these songs on our radio, every day, love it :love.Jerry Reed was 1 of my favs especially when he did the rooster.
hqdefault.jpg

I still stuck on Guantanamera...:oops: , delving into the history.
You made me dive into more research on this as well. I did not have a chance to study all 46 different verses, but on a rainy day I just might have time. :idunno
The Sandpipers brought it to world attention . If it wasn't for them, song would have faded into the sunset with few remembering it, compared to the way it is viewed now.:thumbsup

We constantly hear these songs on our radio, every day, love it :love.Jerry Reed was 1 of my favs especially when he did the rooster.

The country music stations around here (Chitown)only play Blake Shelton and other TOP CURRENT tunes. Long gone the times when $$$$$$$$$ is not the ALMIGHTY to the music business around here.
It has been long since I heard Dolly Parton, Johnny Cash, or any of the other GREAT singers of the past.
I'm sure that around the country, there are small independent radio stations that play what the people want to hear. In the BIG POWERHOUSE MARKETS.. the $$$ music promoters$$$ insist you listen to what THEY WANT YOU TO LISTEN TO.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but that is the way I see it now. :idunno

Back
Top Bottom