Sold someone a Cockerel to look after their "Hens"? Photo @.@ Welsummer

Roodogg

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 11, 2013
Well I found a home for one of my Cockerels through the internet just the other day, someone wanted it to look after their 5 Welsummer "Hens". I was sent a pic today of them all together & it appears that the "Hens" he is looking after might actually be 4 Cockerels & one Hen, can anyone give their opinion on this?

The Cockerel is about 7 months old & the rest are maybe a few months old it seems.

Cheers Roodogg

Last edited:
Judging by those tails, it appears to be three young cockerels and two pullets.

Note how the older male (the newbie) has put himself between one pullet and the three cockerels.

It's neat how the new owner sent you a photo-even if they don't know what they have!

Thanks theoldchick for your view, now you point it out it does look like the one I can't see too well is actually a pullet, I'm glad about that at least they have two pullets.

haha funny I did notice the positioning of the cockerel, it's picked off the pullet like a sheep dog. I'm wondering if they'd like me to take him back, it's a tricky situation.

Thanks theoldchick for your view, now you point it out it does look like the one I can't see too well is actually a pullet, I'm glad about that at least they have two pullets.

haha funny I did notice the positioning of the cockerel, it's picked off the pullet like a sheep dog. I'm wondering if they'd like me to take him back, it's a tricky situation.

Don't take him back. Who knows what diseases he'll bring with him?

I tell everyone who buys birds from me that once they are in the other person's container, they are no longer mine and can not come back to me for any reason.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom