So confused...IDEAS???

I am so so sorry and I hope things work out for the best for you guys. We're really starting to worry about foreclosure here, as well. This is crazy, somebody rich please come to BYC and GIVE THE POOR PEOPLE MONEY TO SAVE THEIR HOMES AND CRITTURS.

Thanks.

Quote:
hu.gif

Quote:
We can't. It was a certified check from our bank...we've already checked into it and they said there's nothing they can do
sad.png

First and foremost - I am so sorry this happened to you.

I was a realtor for 7 years and I have seen this more than once.

Unfortunately this IS the way this typically happens. The lender (BOA) shows up to bid what is owed on the house. If John Doe comes along and bids more they let him have it cause they've covered thier costs (the value of the loan) but they don't want to take a chance on a bid coming in for less than is owed which is why they always make the first bid. Of all the transactions I've paid attention to... 9 times out of 10 it's the lender who ends up being the buyer of the property sold at auction.

Protecting their ASSets. Then they re-list with a realtor and try and sell it for as much as they can. I don't do real estate anymore cause it makes me sick to watch this happen over and over again.

Some banks will let you stay longer because they feel the house is safer occupied, especially if the occupant will work with them on letting the realtor in to see the place etc.

Good luck, I am so sorry.

Michelle

I don't know how all this works as I live in Australia. I just wanted to add how sorry I am for you that this has happened. The banks are a law unto them selves and should be ashamed of kicking people out onto the streets who have made the effort to try to come up with a way to save their homes. I wish you and your family all the best and hope there is some way that you are able to save your house.

My biggest concern is not for myself, my husband or my adult children (we can all find somewhere to go, I'm sure), but rather for my animals. The rent around here is astronomical ($1000-$1600 for a 3BR 2BA house) and most landlords don't allow pets. I've told my husband I'll live in my truck with our pets if need be, but something tells me it will get awfully crowded with 9 cats and 6 dogs! The chooks can go to the farm where my horses are boarded, and we're thinking we're also going to have to see if they'll let us keep our cats - in their pen - there for a while as well. I just HATE going back into a rental situation. We've only been homeowners for four years (we lived in this house for 9 years before buying it), but it's been so nice not having to deal with landlords.

Back
Top Bottom