skillet incubator

ashleym

In the Brooder
8 Years
Oct 15, 2011
oregon
hello iam intrested to know how many people that have done the home
made skilllet incubator and if it realy works and i need all the info to
get it statred,i want to try and hatch some of my serama eggs but not sure if it
will work, thank you

Never heard of it but now that you mention it it has sparked some ideas. Thanks
lol.png

Heard of it, and like the other person said, I saw pics on Google when I was searching for ideas for homemade incubators. I Would like to know how well they work, I really don't want one, just wanna see one in action. I would like how the top of it is all glass, you could see everything going on.

ok so, so far i got it set up what you will need is a kitchen skillet with glass lid,shot glass with water,bedding i used pine shaving about 1inch depth,a thermomotor,turn it on low or set it at about 99 daagrees wait 24 hours to make sure it hold the temp and humitity so far so good tomorrow will add my eggs
wink.png
big_smile.png

That's really cool. Are you going to open the lid to turn the eggs? It would probably be beneficial to you and the eggs to put them in an egg carton, and tilt the whole skillet to turn the eggs.

ya thats one thing im not to sure of yet and thats turning them i half to turn them x3 a day morning,noon,night if i open it will let out the heat and humitity
if i use a egg carton i will spill the water,hmm need to modify any ideas?

I never used the whole fry pan but I did wire the thermostat, that plugs in to a pan, to a light bulb. Put the whole thing in a aquarium incubator. Got 3 hatches out of it with a 80% hatch rate. Didn't cost me a cent. Just used stuff I had around the farm.

Back
Top Bottom