Single duck egg left, should I assist or let it die?

ElmienGrove

In the Brooder
Jan 19, 2024
Hi everyone

All my eggs have failed and I have one that internally pipped but it's been 36 hours and no pip. I think it needs help but should ai help it or let it die because it will be alone?

It is always best to help a chick that is stuck, much better than letting it die. I've noticed that when I help a chick out of the egg they tend to have a 50/50 chance to survive. Be careful and try your best. Once it is fully out keep it by itself for a day or two and if it is doing well buy a few friends for it or if you have other chicks of a similar age they can go together.

It is always best to help a chick that is stuck, much better than letting it die. I've noticed that when I help a chick out of the egg they tend to have a 50/50 chance to survive. Be careful and try your best. Once it is fully out keep it by itself for a day or two and if it is doing well buy a few friends for it or if you have other chicks of a similar age they can go together.
I agree, I only would say more than 50/50 , over 3 years I incubate including yesterday I did 8 assists los 1 but it also was not formed correctly. But when I see struggling and decided to leave it or waited longer than usual I lost it even time

I agree, I only would say more than 50/50 , over 3 years I incubate including yesterday I did 8 assists los 1 but it also was not formed correctly. But when I see struggling and decided to leave it or waited longer than usual I lost it even time
I've only assisted 2 eggs in the past few years and one died and one survived so that's why I said 50/50. Unfortunately there was also a lot of eggs I didn't know were stuck and by the time I found out it was too late.

I've only assisted 2 eggs in the past few years and one died and one survived so that's why I said 50/50. Unfortunately there was also a lot of eggs I didn't know were stuck and by the time I found out it was too late.
I’m experience is always the shipped eggs , never did have to help ones collected by me in person.Any way you win some you lose some , but I stick by help when you can 😊

Back
Top Bottom