Silkie without leg feathers??

I noticed my newest silkie has naked legs & feet.If I look closely I see small & very very FEW If any feathers .She is 4 months old.I have 2 more that are 2 months old they were born with very feathered feet and legs .one even only has 4 toes.
Attaching a pic of my naked leg lady. BUT KEEP IN MIND there ate very few visible small white feathers .very small almost undetectable.Is this in the breeding ? I purchase mine from a farm breeder.
Since to have silked feathers two copies of the gene are required, it's safe to assume that it's not an F1 mix at least. Potentially mixed somewhere in her background, but I assume she's just hatchery-quality :) There are many wonky Silkies out there!

X2!! I have silkies from tractor supply too, and alot if them are clean legged, others are not. I also have show quality and there is a HUGE difference as far as the crest and feather legs. Most hatchery chicks are inbred and most hatchery books tell you they breed pretty quality and not show quality. It's also possible to get silkies with only 9 toes or even 8. I was lucky enough to pick my chicks from TSC since I use to work there and I counted their toes before I got them even though they will be pets only.
I counted mines toes and checked all of the things and 3/4 are perfect with feathering on legs and one has no leg feathers but all the other features

Back
Top Bottom