*sigh* I'm loosing my touch. (Warning: Hi-jacked by Em)

"Unscathed?" Well, no blood was shed, though I think we are all glad we won't be doing it again tonight! I think most of us are a bit sore today.

Betsy basically fell coming off the trailer, and was favoring one foot for a few minutes - for a bit, I though we might have to do the parade without her. She recovered,and was walking and jogging evenly, so I decided she was good to go. She was a trooper about the "wall of sound" that we walked into on the parade route, though she seemed to think the man hole covers were some sort of diabolical "vet in a box" or something equally non-mule-friendly.

That Syd wasn't in a "listening" frame of mind was clear at the start. While in the relative calm of the pre-parade set up area, she blew up while tied to the back of the trailer, and wound up body-slamming herself into the rear door. I said, "well, Syd, did you learn anything?" She pretty much kept all four feet on the ground after that, so maybe she did. She was pulling like a freight train through most of the parade; clearly, we need to work a bit more on ground manners. When Baby
bun.gif
bun.gif
had dealt with all of pulling she could handle, she handed Syd off to me, so we both have sore muscles this morning. I imagine Syd has a sore nose, too.

This parade route is basically linear, so after it was over, DS and I left Baby
bun.gif
bun.gif
and the minis with friends while we walked back to get the truck and trailer. All told, it was a walk of about 2 miles. When I have ground to cover, I walk fast; DS was feeling the results of that pace last night, he's a bit sore this morning, too.

So, are we having fun yet?
th.gif

*sigh* finals week starts Monday... just need to get through that, and I'll be able to be around on here more without worrying about homework or bribing- I mean, baking things for my teachers.
wink.png
I learned how to make homemade toffee last night. So delicious!
droolin.gif

So how has everyone been? I'll be bringing a friend to the thread in a little bit, be nice to her, she's having a bad chicken day today (roosters fighting, one is gravely injured)

Oh and I asked a boy to a dance next Saturday please don't kill me.

Back
Top Bottom