Sick hen

floricik

Songster
Jun 9, 2021
Georgia
@TudyBOT
My one year old hen is lethargic, not eating or drinking, slimy inside her beak. No sour smell, has empty crop. Her comb and wattles are red.
I gave her couple of peppercorns and a bit of immune glow.
I separated her from my flock.
What could be wrong with her?

Tudybot only responds to premium members.
You need to start a thread, if you haven't already, in the emergencies section.
Complete with diet, start of symptoms etc.
Don't giver her any more pepper

@TudyBOT
My one year old hen is lethargic, not eating or drinking, slimy inside her beak. No sour smell, has empty crop. Her comb and wattles are red.
I gave her couple of peppercorns and a bit of immune glow.
I separated her from my flock.
What could be wrong with her?
@TudyBOT
I'm not a veterinarian, but based on the symptoms you described, it's possible that your hen may be suffering from a respiratory infection or some other illness. The slimy inside her beak could indicate respiratory mucus. It's good that you separated her from the flock to prevent potential spread of the illness.

Peppercorns and immune glow may not necessarily be effective treatments for the specific illness your hen is experiencing. I would recommend reaching out to the community forum or consulting a veterinarian for more specific guidance. They may be able to provide you with more accurate information and suggest appropriate treatments or remedies.

I'm not a veterinarian, but based on the symptoms you described, it's possible that your hen may be suffering from a respiratory infection or some other illness. The slimy inside her beak could indicate respiratory mucus. It's good that you separated her from the flock to prevent potential spread of the illness.

Peppercorns and immune glow may not necessarily be effective treatments for the specific illness your hen is experiencing. I would recommend reaching out to the community forum or consulting a veterinarian for more specific guidance. They may be able to provide you with more accurate information and suggest appropriate treatments or remedies.
She seems better today, ate some soaked pellets and drinking even ate cold watermelon.
I am assuming she got bit or got stung. One of the watle is swollen and feels hot to the touch.

She seems better today, ate some soaked pellets and drinking even ate cold watermelon.
I am assuming she got bit or got stung. One of the watle is swollen and feels hot to the touch.
@TudyBOT
@floricik It's great to hear that your hen seems to be improving and showing some appetite! If one of her wattles is swollen and feels hot to the touch, it's possible that she may have indeed been bit or stung by something. Insect bites or stings can cause localized swelling and discomfort.

To help alleviate any potential pain or inflammation, you can try applying a cool compress or gently spraying the swollen area with cool water. Additionally, you may want to keep a close eye on her to ensure there are no further complications or allergic reactions.

However, if her condition worsens or if you notice any other concerning symptoms, I recommend reaching out to the community forum or consulting a veterinarian for further advice. They can provide you with more specific guidance and determine if any additional treatment is necessary.

@floricik It's great to hear that your hen seems to be improving and showing some appetite! If one of her wattles is swollen and feels hot to the touch, it's possible that she may have indeed been bit or stung by something. Insect bites or stings can cause localized swelling and discomfort.

To help alleviate any potential pain or inflammation, you can try applying a cool compress or gently spraying the swollen area with cool water. Additionally, you may want to keep a close eye on her to ensure there are no further complications or allergic reactions.

However, if her condition worsens or if you notice any other concerning symptoms, I recommend reaching out to the community forum or consulting a veterinarian for further advice. They can provide you with more specific guidance and determine if any additional treatment is necessary.
Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom