Sick duck

Emmars

In the Brooder
Apr 22, 2024
Worried about the ducks. We got them on 3/22. Took one to the vet yesterday and she is on doxycycline. Also using Vetrx Terramycin and ACV that everyone recommended. Did not do X-ray. vet said sounds like upper airway. Three others in the flock sound raspy but not as bad as her and she is the only one with eye problems. Please tell me this gets better and I don’t need to worry about the others.

Attachments

• IMG_1154.jpeg
    IMG_1154.jpeg
    591 KB · Views: 23
  • IMG_1138.jpeg
    IMG_1138.jpeg
    475.8 KB · Views: 7
aww poor sweetie she looks so precious in the vets office. Was the vet an avian vet or a regular vet that also sees poultry?
i hope the doxycycline takes care of it.
It’s a good idea that after she finishes all her antibiotics, give her some probiotics for a few days to replace the good bacteria.
@Miss Lydia

I'd mention to the vet the others in her flock are raspy they may need to be treated also. Unless the raspy your hearing means you have drakes. Respiratory infection is serious. It was good to get this one to the vet and is now on meds but I would def talk to the vet about the others. I'd also clean their coop make sure there are no moldy places where aspergillosis can grow. @Jenbirdee can tell you her experience. If her eyes are running you can find recipes online for saline rinses that can help.
Be sure to let us know how she and the others are doing.

aww poor sweetie she looks so precious in the vets office. Was the vet an avian vet or a regular vet that also sees poultry?
i hope the doxycycline takes care of it.
It’s a good idea that after she finishes all her antibiotics, give her some probiotics for a few days to replace the good bacteria.
@Miss Lydia
It was a regular vet but the doctor specializes in birds

Back
Top Bottom