Siana from Uzbekistan is here

Siana

Chirping
May 10, 2024
Uzbekistan
Hi everyone, my name is Siana, I am from Uzbekistan.

I've been keeping poultry for a couple of years. We started from some crosses and now I mostly have Jersey Giants (hatchery quality), but my plan is to switch to Australorp. My birds live free range within a rather large yard, I grow them for meat and eggs and I am still on the lookup for some breed I could settle on. JGs are poor layers, in my opinion, so I want to try Australorps. We are a poultry poor country, not much choice here, so I have to make do with what little is available. This year I have crosses out of my JGs and various hens and I am hatching me a bit of Australorp. We'll see what comes out of it.

I also have three cats and a young Stafford, so life is never boring.

The photo is of my JG, a nice guy but not much of a G. Still larger than most poultry here, of course.

1715398350582.png

I've been keeping poultry for a couple of years. We started from some crosses and now I mostly have Jersey Giants (hatchery quality), but my plan is to switch to Australorp. My birds live free range within a rather large yard, I grow them for meat and eggs and I am still on the lookup for some breed I could settle on. JGs are poor layers, in my opinion, so I want to try Australorps. We are a poultry poor country, not much choice here, so I have to make do with what little is available. This year I have crosses out of my JGs and various hens and I am hatching me a bit of Australorp. We'll see what comes out of it.

The photo is of my JG, a nice guy but not much of a G. Still larger than most poultry here, of course.

View attachment 3828155
Welcome! Stout fella there, sorry to hear about your Jerseys, mine are very resilient free rangers, I suppose they lay about 5 eggs each a week during spring/summer.

View media item 7962620

Hello and welcome,

Do you are from or do you live in Uzbekistan?

It will be nice, at least for me, seeing some local breeds, I never saw central asian chicken before

View attachment 3828155

Back
Top Bottom