Show off your roosters

Pics
i have a few..
Bob JR

Bob, rest in Peace little guy <3

My little 'Turkey' he reminds me of one when he chases hens, he puffs out like one! omg one of these days i will get a photo..

plymoth rock dude

silver spangled hamburg just started crowing today, cant stop laughing!!

Koda my silkie rooster!!

the colorful one.. lol

i have five more but internet is so slow its painful to wait for them to download, lol
They are all so BEAUTIFUL! You must have a lot of hens if you have that many rroosters! How do you get them to get along? I have 2 RIR roosters, and my big guy hates my 7 month old RIR. I even raised Rodney (7 month Roo) with Randy (my 2 year old Roo) since he was 3 weeks old. I actually have to keep them seperate most of the day now that it's winter, or they fight like CRAZY!
th.gif

Why thank you! He's worth keeping just for his gentle temperament. I don't know if he's good quality or not because of his side sprigs and so forth, but he's eye candy for my hens.

You know, my Marans is a very gentle giant, too. He's fairly young, not a year old yet, but it sounds like I have good reason to hope his temperament will stay sweet.

So awesome to see a real, tufted, rumpless Araucana after all the "Araucanas" (EEs) we usually see. Don't know that I've ever seen a real one. Nice bird.

Thank you. The Araucana's personality matches their silly looks: quirky, sweet and funny. And Chiani is incredibly gentle and docile (everything I could hope for in a roo).

It does gets a bit exhausting explaining the difference between the two regularly.

Casual conversation with random chicken lover:
Random Chicken Lover: "Oh, you have an Araucana? I have a few of those myself!"
Me: "Oh yeah? That is great! Are you lucky enough to have some that are bilaterally tufted and rumpless?"
Random Chicken Lover: "Huh...?????"
Me: "You know, tufted and rumpless... the breed standard."
Random Chicken Lover: "Uh, well, they lay greenish eggs and have a beard."
Me: "Yeah, you probably have an EE."
Random Chicken Lover: "An EE? Whats that?"
Me: "Well...."

Thank you.  The Araucana's personality matches their silly looks: quirky, sweet and funny.  And Chiani is incredibly gentle and docile (everything I could hope for in a roo).  

It does gets a bit exhausting explaining the difference between the two regularly.

Random Chicken Lover: "Oh, you have an Araucana?  I have a few of those myself!"
Me: "Oh yeah?  That is great!  Are you lucky enough to have some that are bilaterally tufted and rumpless?"

Random Chicken Lover: "An EE?  Whats that?"

You should go tell them to go look it up. Haha

Thank you. The Araucana's personality matches their silly looks: quirky, sweet and funny. And Chiani is incredibly gentle and docile (everything I could hope for in a roo).

Random Chicken Lover: "Oh, you have an Araucana? I have a few of those myself!"
Me: "Oh yeah? That is great! Are you lucky enough to have some that are bilaterally tufted and rumpless?"
Random Chicken Lover: "An EE? Whats that?"
Oh, gosh, I have to explain that all the time myself, and I have mostly EEs--just one wheaten Ameraucana rooster. Because of our blog, I get a lot of questions from 4-H kids and people who want to have backyard flocks, and also from people on Craigslist who respond to my ads--"Easter Eggers? You mean Americanas, right?" "Sigh. Nope. Mine will lay blue or green eggs, but they are not Ameraucanas. They have Ameraucana blood, though, and carry the blue egg gene." There are times when I just want to say "yeah, they're Americanas. How many do you want?" but I try to be honest.

I've also been the bearer of bad news to a 4-H kid who was looking to show her "purebred Araucanas" at the Ohio National. Seems that the judge at the local fair placed her hatchery EEs first in her 4-H poultry class, and was thinking she was on to bigger and better things. I felt terrible, but I also didn't want her to enter the class at the National and get DQ'd.

Koda is adorable! Don't know if I already posted pics of him on here or not but here you go...

Rod

Rod

Rod

Patches

Patches

Mr. Nipperz

Mr. nipperz

Mr. Nipperz

Mr. Nipperz

Go Patrick hangin around

Mr. Nipperz yes a dramatic change I know

Cocao Bean

Can you tell i'm proud of the last and first pics?

Koda is adorable! Don't know if I already posted pics of him on here or not but here you go...

Rod

Rod

Rod

Patches

Patches

Mr. Nipperz

Mr. nipperz

Mr. Nipperz

Mr. Nipperz

Go Patrick hangin around

Mr. Nipperz yes a dramatic change I know

Cocao Bean

Can you tell i'm proud of the last and first pics?

Back
Top Bottom