Show off your Old English Game Bantams!!

Pics
[/IMG]
I just brought this wheaten duo. The female is blue wheaten.

Hi, I tried posting this question under the breeders section but I didn't get any replies, so I thought I would try here where the oeg people are already hanging out :).

Who are the really good breeders who are contactable to get stock from? I am especially interested in crele. I went to the OEG club website hoping to find a breeders directory like the Ameraucana club has, but couldn't find any. I would love some leads.

your best bet is to go to a chicken show and find the birds you are looking for- keeping in mind they are sometimes vaccinated and carriers of disease. (keep them seperate from other chickens). OEGB's are probably the most widely shown breed, it shouldnt be hard to find a good trio for around $60.00.

when you order from a breeder, order at least 40 chicks to get a "good" trio, or 120 chicks from a reputable breeder to get a trio that will place in shows. most breeders run this ratio when selecting their show birds.

the last method would be to order 20 or so chicks and select a good trio, then breed for about 3 years to get to show quality.

crele is really hard to get right, they should have a barred and not cuckoo appearance (lines should be straight in the feathers). old english type, with proper spur set and head shape is hard to achieve. keep in mind there is no such thing as a perfect chicken.

Finaly getting some eggs out of my birds. Still getting down to below 30 at night but i think I'm alright. My breeding pens are under heat bulbs. Looks as though spring is ready to break here in the ohio river valley . (S. Indiana)

Back
Top Bottom