Should I Dub and/or Crop my Hen?

ChickenyChickeny

Songster
Jul 10, 2017
So, i have a hen with a big comb and wattles and last winter she got a lot of frostbite. i read that if you dub and crop the chicken they will get less frostbite. i dont want her to suffer with frostbite and the following infection risk, so i thought, hey i should dub and crop her. but im worried she will hate me if i do that! i reallly love my chickens and i dont want to hurt them, but i dont want them to suffer with frostbite! i guess u should just take them to a vet that dubs and crops chickens?

So, i have a hen with a big comb and wattles and last winter she got a lot of frostbite. i read that if you dub and crop the chicken they will get less frostbite. i dont want her to suffer with frostbite and the following infection risk, so i thought, hey i should dub and crop her. but im worried she will hate me if i do that! i reallly love my chickens and i dont want to hurt them, but i dont want them to suffer with frostbite! i guess u should just take them to a vet that dubs and crops chickens?
oops i meant I should take them to them to the vet, not u should take them to the vet lol

Hopefully someone else with a little more experience can chime in I don’t have any with frostbite but I do make a lot of salves and balms and know they come in all sorts of consistency and depending on what else you mix in can be very beneficial

Back
Top Bottom