Should I be worried?

JenNg1910

Hatching
Aug 27, 2019
I'm a first time chicken mama and I just can't find a definitive answer. Is this ok? Sgould i be worried?

Attachments

• 0827191507.jpg
    0827191507.jpg
    891.7 KB · Views: 10
I am not a vet, so I can't really advise on whether that poo is normal, but I can tell you my chickens make all kinds of poos. Some are brown and runny...i hear those are cecal poos that contain a lot of liquid waste...some are formed...some are partially formed/partially runny...and a bird normally should produce both kinds- cecal and formed if I understand correctly. If you see blood or worms or only runny poos or something just doesn't seem right, I would take a stool sample and/or bird to the vet if that is an option. There are poo charts out there to show what is normal and what is not. Sorry I couldn't give a definitive answer.

I am not a vet, so I can't really advise on whether that poo is normal, but I can tell you my chickens make all kinds of poos. Some are brown and runny...i hear those are cecal poos that contain a lot of liquid waste...some are formed...some are partially formed/partially runny...and a bird normally should produce both kinds- cecal and formed if I understand correctly. If you see blood or worms or only runny poos or something just doesn't seem right, I would take a stool sample and/or bird to the vet if that is an option. There are poo charts out there to show what is normal and what is not. Sorry I couldn't give a definitive answer.

Thanks. Just running it past someone makes it less stressful. She dropped a normal one just a bit ago. I'm thinking she is ok. I,just really appreciate not feeling alone. Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom