Shadrach's Ex Battery and Rescued chickens thread.

A bad day all round.
My youngest took her mother out to Wales for the aftenoon. They went in seperate cars. The youngest left her mother at the car park, with her three dogs and drove home. Mother couldn't find her car apparently and her phones battery ran out as she was talking to the youngest. We've had the police out looking for the mother who did eventually get a taxi back from Wales. She doesn't know where her car is.

Usually when I arrive at the allotments the geese start honking. This afternoon when I arrived it was quiet. I coudn't see the geese initially and once I unlocked their run I found them cowering in a corner and lengths of cane on the floor of their run. It seems that someone had been firing lengths of cane through the fence at the geese.:mad:

We are having a major problem with a member damaging other peoples plots and common ground. They've cut down some hawthorn saplings I recently planted along the allotment run and some raspberry bushes along one side.

The chickens are okay and we all got out for three hours but I was so busy trying to sort allotment drama out that I didn't get anything done on my plot
View attachment 3828973View attachment 3828974
Wow what a day.
Did someone take the car? Or is the car park so big it was mussed. I sure would have felt sick.

That damage and geese drama is terrible. Hope it can be stopped.

They finally figured it out!
IMG_20240511_224557772~2.jpg

Hannah, who's been bullying everyone since Rahab went broody, is on the far right side of the roost. The sweet and gentle Dominiques are in the middle, and all five chicks are up with Momma Martha!

Close up:
IMG_20240511_224710091~2.jpg

Yep, ALL boys. :rolleyes:

We are having a major problem with a member damaging other peoples plots and common ground.
Do you know who? It would definitely be worth the effort to find out, it sounds like someone has some mental issues.
It seems that someone had been firing lengths of cane through the fence at the geese.
Possibly the same as the vandal or the evil-unruly spawn of the vandal? This is why I just don't like a lot of people. :-(

She doesn't know where her car is.
I am glad she is home safe and hope that her car is found in good nick.

Sounds like there are some parents that need a spanking!
Cruelty to animals often leads to crimes against people. Sociopaths pluck the wings off flies before they graduate to battery against the elderly.

I think both are wrong, but focusing on bullying issues at a younger age might help prevent full antisocial behavior later on.

Wow what a day.
Did someone take the car? Or is the car park so big it was mussed. I sure would have felt sick.

That damage and geese drama is terrible. Hope it can be stopped.
Nobody stole the car. In fact it was under 5mins walk away and quite obvious. The daughters and husband went to Wales this afternoon to look for the car and found it minutes after arriving.

Nobody stole the car. In fact it was under 5mins walk away and quite obvious. The daughters and husband went to Wales this afternoon to look for the car and found it minutes after arriving.
This is concerning. Would she go to a Dr for a check up? This sounds like the beginning of dementia.

I'm sure we have all forgot where we parked. I know I had to drive several people around at work (a college) who were looking for their car. But they had sodium lights that made cars look like a different color at night.

Back
Top Bottom