Serama hatch part 3 (and a few odds and ends!)

Pics
I didn't want him/her to be lonely for like 4 days lol. I know humans hate being lonely sometimes, so it's the same for flock animals too I assume.
When my very first Serama (Seasons) hatched, she was the only one for her first month. I was her entire world. But, I wanted her to have siblings to keep her company when I wasn’t home. She helped me brood the next 4 hatchlings. She’s still very affectionate (for a tiny chicken) with me even now. Another one (Evvie), started out the same way. I almost lost her before she hatched. I assisted, and that tiny girl is my shadow to this day. She doesn’t tolerate other Seramas, except for Clovie. And now, Clovie’s daughter too. Evvie doesn’t even tolerate the 2 chicks she raised. She sees me and totally leaves Clovie in the dust! Sorry for the long story. I’m happy that Tootsie has some siblings! ❤️

When my very first Serama (Seasons) hatched, she was the only one for her first month. I was her entire world. But, I wanted her to have siblings to keep her company when I wasn’t home. She helped me brood the next 4 hatchlings. She’s still very affectionate (for a tiny chicken) with me even now. Another one (Evvie), started out the same way. I almost lost her before she hatched. I assisted, and that tiny girl is my shadow to this day. She doesn’t tolerate other Seramas, except for Clovie. And now, Clovie’s daughter too. Evvie doesn’t even tolerate the 2 chicks she raised. She sees me and totally leaves Clovie in the dust! Sorry for the long story. I’m happy that Tootsie has some siblings! ❤️
I love chicken stories 😆 The only chicken that allows love is Celestia. She is thebonly one who will allow me to hold her. The others come near me, and a few follow me around bc they are nosey (mostly my RIR's).

The babies tolerate me bc I am "food giver". Only 2 of them allow pets. For now.

The new babies are TBD lol. I am so excited to hatch some tiny chickens ❤️ I want them to free range too, but they will be so teeny!

I love chicken stories 😆 The only chicken that allows love is Celestia. She is thebonly one who will allow me to hold her. The others come near me, and a few follow me around bc they are nosey (mostly my RIR's).

The babies tolerate me bc I am "food giver". Only 2 of them allow pets. For now.

The new babies are TBD lol. I am so excited to hatch some tiny chickens ❤️ I want them to free range too, but they will be so teeny!
Raising tiny chickens is such a wonderful experience… and quite addicting! Mine free range under my very strict supervision. We have soooo many predators. One time, a coyote grabbed one of my Delaware hens. Fortunately, I was in the area and heard her screams. I was so angry that I charged straight at the coyote! Not a smart move, but he dropped her. She recovered to live several more years. After that, I confined my flocks to their runs.

Starburst is in lockdown and Tootsie Roll is in the brooder outside. I put the brooder in the baby area. It is locked up, behind a door, in the chicken run. I made sure no animal could get in (hopefully). Since the bigger chicks are good, I am assuming the chicks will be too.

Also. I bought 2 babies for company for Tootsie Roll. The sign said Prairie Bluebell Eggers, but the brown one is super super poof like an EE. 😑 Meh. Meet Lady Guinevere and the TBD floof.

Picture of Apollo (the temporary kitten in our home), and the two babies. All sleeping on my lap otw home.
🫠 aw, that's so sweet! 😍
:frow hello new babies and Apollo!

Starburst is in lockdown and Tootsie Roll is in the brooder outside. I put the brooder in the baby area. It is locked up, behind a door, in the chicken run. I made sure no animal could get in (hopefully). Since the bigger chicks are good, I am assuming the chicks will be too.

Also. I bought 2 babies for company for Tootsie Roll. The sign said Prairie Bluebell Eggers, but the brown one is super super poof like an EE. 😑 Meh. Meet Lady Guinevere and the TBD floof.

Picture of Apollo (the temporary kitten in our home), and the two babies. All sleeping on my lap otw home.
That's adorable!

Back
Top Bottom