Sebastopol Geese Thread !!!!!!!!!! SHOW YOUR PICS !!!!!!!!!!

Quote:
the lady that sold them to me got them from Holderread, as show quality, and she said that she has won some shows

I just watched the Metzer sexing vid
thumbsup.gif
can't wait to try this

Quote:
the lady that sold them to me got them from Holderread, as show quality, and she said that she has won some shows

Holderread IMO is one of the best large farm breeders for ducks and geese. The geese you got look like they are pretty good quality. When I got my sebbie pair from Holderread, I felt honored to get them. Dave Holderread has discontinued on breeding all of his sebbies so I feel very relieved that I got some before they sold out. Enjoy your sebbies!
big_smile.png

Quote:
Nat I know nothing either,
lol.png
but only that I liked them so much I had to get them.

WNCUrbanAgrarian they did come from that line, it was confirmed today, the lady where I got them from was on a waiting list 3 years ago, and I as fortunate enough to find them, I can't wait till they start to lay
celebrate.gif

It's hard to sex them when they are juvies. Females usually have a low voice and males are a higher pitch.

Males will also be a smidge larger than females. I believe you have a pair. The blue banded one appears to be a male and he is shielding the female from you in the first two pictures. If this is in fact a male, he will continue to keep her away from you to protect her.

Your other option is to vent sex them or give them a pool and see if they start breeding, it's the season.

My birds started breeding last week and usually I don't get eggs until the end of February.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom