Scar tissue with skin tag on ducks eye.

Muscovy Wunda

Free Ranging
5 Years
Nov 5, 2018
Central West NSW Australia
So 2 days ago I got this white indian runner duck. From what I could tell she had scar tissue around her eye, and its also slightly sunk in. Today she's finally let me get close enough to look closely. And she appears to have what looks like a skin tag in the corner of her eye which is causing her eye to water. It's only clear fluid that comes out. Does it look like a skin tag to you? Is this something to be concerned about? (The skin tag is the little bubble looking thing)
20200218_162825.jpg
20200218_162840.jpg

I don’t know much about ducks, but I wonder if she may have gotten pecked or injured? MG, a respiratory disease that causes sinus infection and pinkeye (conjunctivitis) can affect most poultry and eyes can have a sunken appearance, water, or had bubbles. Terramycin eye ointment can be found by asking at your feed store, and can be applied twice a day to eyes. I will tag @Miss Lydia and @WVduckchick in case they have any thoughts.

I probably wouldn't mess with it, personally. Unless it seems to hinder her sight, I'd be afraid of making matters worse. But that's me. lol

I would at least give it some time to see if she scratches at it, or if it seems to bother her.

I probably wouldn't mess with it, personally. Unless it seems to hinder her sight, I'd be afraid of making matters worse. But that's me. lol

I would at least give it some time to see if she scratches at it, or if it seems to bother her.
Thank you thats what I was thinking. It doesn't look like its bothering her, but time will tell I guess. I just want her comfortable

Back
Top Bottom