San Diego Chicken meetup and Chat thread

Hi Eddie. :welcome The next meet up in San Diego is at the Serama show in Ramona, June 6th. 9:00am
18055 Bluegrass Rd, Ramona CA All are welcome. $10 to sell birds, jams, soaps, or anything else you're peddling, but hanging out is free. :)

Hi, this is new.... who would we pay the $10 to, is this for a space or ?? :frow

Would there be 3-4 people who would want to split a 55gal of spent grains. I
Never use it all before it starts to spoil ..???.

Also I am looking for a location to buy bulk feed at discount ? :p:D

Would there be 3-4 people who would want to split a 55gal of spent grains. I
Never use it all before it starts to spoil ..???.

Also I am looking for a location to buy bulk feed at discount ? :p:D

How long before it typically spoils? I go through a LOT of feed when I am growing out birds, I might be interested in the bulk of what you don't need.

Quote:
if you get it into a good non reactive container it continues to ferment.... just like sauerkraut or Kumbacha.... The fermentation process is like a predigestion... Very good for chickens.

There is a whole thread that speaks to fermented feeds of all types. Either crock or a five gallon Bucket from Home Depot or Lowes.

If I had chickens right now I would be jumping on about ten gallons worth.

Keep it wet cover it lightly dont seal it up air tight or botulism can grow.

deb

Interesting, I have read threads on fermenting food and actually done it a few times for some of the chicks I am growing out right now.
@sd-eddie where are you located? And how much is the feed? You can PM me if you want, I am interested.

Hi, this is new.... who would we pay the $10 to, is this for a space or ?? :frow
Hi Jules, You can contact Chaili Baldwin at [email protected]
It's $10 for a space. She will put people side by side so that everyone is not all spread out all of the place. Make it more like a market bizarre. Generally a space is
a pop up tent, but you can ask her to verify.

I am living in Bonita (91902)

I get the spent grains off Craigslist they come in a 55 gallon barrel can remember price ,tho if I rembere I thank I spent 20-30 on mash and $20 on gas to get it, and I can't do any lifting because my shoulder just got operated on 15 days ago.

And it's sure heavy . And ducks and chickens love it. I might have to freeze some buckets in my freezer chest .

Tho I do have plenty of free time , looking for random swaps ,meets, clubs, or bbqS. Something to pass time while I can't use my arm And have to take it easy.

I also have 20 white silkies 2-3 weeks old that need a home (they were ordered and the person flaked), willing to trade for quai or rabbits , turkeys, ducks, partridge
Or pheasants or even feed or something?

I am living in Bonita (91902)

I get the spent grains off Craigslist they come in a 55 gallon barrel can remember price ,tho if I rembere I thank I spent 20-30 on mash and $20 on gas to get it, and I can't do any lifting because my shoulder just got operated on 15 days ago.

And it's sure heavy . And ducks and chickens love it. I might have to freeze some buckets in my freezer chest .

Tho I do have plenty of free time , looking for random swaps ,meets, clubs, or bbqS. Something to pass time while I can't use my arm And have to take it easy.

I also have 20 white silkies 2-3 weeks old that need a home (they were ordered and the person flaked), willing to trade for quai or rabbits , turkeys, ducks, partridge
Or pheasants or even feed or something?

Welcome.... Hey there are Peacock pheasants on Craigslist..... I saw them last night

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/grd/4977905800.html

I want some in the worst way... I hope you find a buyer for your silkies.

deb

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom