Sally's GF3 thread

Everyone needs an advocate when they go to the hospital or even a clinic, someone to stand up and fight.
She told me she wishes she'd done something like that.

The local hospital (15 miles away) sucks. I told my husband, don't go there, don't take me there, give them a one-finger salute when you drive by.

The place in Grand Rapids SHOULD have, SHOULD HAVE done better. GR is trying to become known as a medical destination with its "medical mile," and big specialty centers funded by BIG donors (like the DeVos family, of Amway fame).

In other news...

I turned my compost pile today. I have never, ever done that in February before! Here's why I was able to:
IMG_5787.JPG

Speaking of a workout... We're both working out on the elliptical, every day, for 20 minutes.

I've read you should get 150 minutes of exercise a week. If you add in the dog walks, shoveling snow, raking thatch, hauling/spitting/stacking wood, we're there. :)

Before I add any more time, I'm going to up the resistance. Level 6 instead of level 5, whatever that means.

I took my pulse after yesterday's workout, and it was around 130 at the end. I was going to buy one of those finger pulse/oxygen meters, but they're $35 at Walmart. I can use my phone as a stopwatch and count for free.
Drink, drink, drink, plenty of water. But you probably knew that :thumbsup

Drink, drink, drink, plenty of water. But you probably knew that
Yes! :thumbsup I've read and been told this is how many ounces of water to drink: MORE!

Ok, the actual answer was: Divide your weight (in pounds) by two. Drink that many ounces of water every day.

I try for that, but often fall short if I'm counting just water. If I include herb teas, I usually make it. This is in addition to any coffee, regular tea, or kombucha I drink. I do better in the summer than in the winter.

Bit of a rant...

My next door neighbor got an external wood burner. Yesterday, she burned a bunch of cardboard. Every time she loaded it up, it smoked something terrible. And the wind blew it out over my garden. It was so thick that I couldn't see the end of the garden at times. :barnie

I wanted to get out and pull a bucket of weeds for the chickens, but not in that!

It was a west wind, so it blew away from the houses, but still. I've been told that, if they're set up correctly, you shouldn't see much, if any, smoke at all. Well.... I don't think it's set up correctly. We see a LOT of smoke, often, and not just when they start it up.

Yes! :thumbsup I've read and been told this is how many ounces of water to drink: MORE!

Ok, the actual answer was: Divide your weight (in pounds) by two. Drink that many ounces of water every day.

I try for that, but often fall short if I'm counting just water. If I include herb teas, I usually make it. This is in addition to any coffee, regular tea, or kombucha I drink. I do better in the summer than in the winter.
Do you Crystal light? I put that in my water. I buy the carry packets. If I order water in a restaurant, I pour one in the water. I love lemon aid 😋

Back
Top Bottom