Sally's GF3 thread

Does anyone else get letters from some real estate company asking if they want to sell their land? Our property is actually 3 parcels, and one has never been "improved." We have gotten three or four letters in the last year asking if we like to sell it. Cash, buyer pays all the fees, yada yada.

The letter goes into the wood stove. I'm sorry, we spent $33K on that land 25+ years ago and you're offering $57K? :lau

The land is NOT for sale, not for $57K or $570K or $5.7M. You might get my attention with $5.7B.
Yes, we have. DH not interested in selling his farm land. Neither am I.

Yes. We have 3 parcels too. The paper offers make good compost! 😂

They either want to buy the land or loggers wanting our trees. We like our trees. Privacy.

If anyone logs or sells this property, it will be my grandson's decision. We plan to stay right here.
I think the people that make those low offers are trying to find/take advantage of folks who are in a bad financial situation. Sad.

They either want to buy the land or loggers wanting our trees. We like our trees. Privacy.

If anyone logs or sells this property, it will be my grandson's decision. We plan to stay right here.
I think the people that make those low offers are trying to find/take advantage of folks who are in a bad financial situation. Sad.
Yes. It's nearly 12 acres, and they could put 5-6 houses on it. It's on the end of dead end road. Very nice. We sure love it!;) It's nice and quiet.

Button is causing me angst tonight. I closed up the nest boxes about 45 minutes before sunset. One of the older hens has decided a nest is a good place to sleep, and I don't want that. (I let them when they're at the porcupine stage of molting, but she's past that and is all feathered out again.) When I went out to do lockup, Button was digging around on the floor to make a nest. So I opened her usual nest, and she went right in.

Ok, 15 minutes, you'll be done, right, little Button? Nope.

It will get cold enough to freeze the egg. She is also the one who will eat an egg, if she finds a broken one. She doesn't break them -- yet!? -- and I don't want her to stay in the nest all night, as chances are high she'll move around and break the egg.

Go out again in an hour? :barnie

I went back out about a half hour later. Button was still on the nest, but I reached in and found the egg she'd laid. Whew. No smashed and eaten egg. I left her there; that nest is awkward to get to. Just me being in there with a headlamp after dark was making the rest of the birds on the roost restless, so I thought it would be better to leave asap.

At open up, she was in the coop, so I don't know if she spent the night in the nest box or not. I didn't see any poop, so I'm guessing not. 🤷‍♀️

I went back out about a half hour later. Button was still on the nest, but I reached in and found the egg she'd laid. Whew. No smashed and eaten egg. I left her there; that nest is awkward to get to. Just me being in there with a headlamp after dark was making the rest of the birds on the roost restless, so I thought it would be better to leave asap.

At open up, she was in the coop, so I don't know if she spent the night in the nest box or not. I didn't see any poop, so I'm guessing not. 🤷‍♀️
I purchased a headlamp that changes from white to red light with a push of a button. If I go into the coop I switch it to red:

https://www.amazon.com/Headlamp-Camping-LED-Headlight-Hunting/dp/B07QGRWZNB

Last edited:
Today I made a frittata because the house was chilly (400 F oven helps fix that) and I had 20 eggs in the skelter.

I put in diced swiss chard stems, which was a new thing for me, and I will be doing it again. They are delicious! When I have some chard from my garden, I'll be skipping the broccoli and using that instead.

Back
Top Bottom