Sally's GF3 thread

Pics
Today I checked on the sweet potatoes up in the green house. They were at 85 F, and 80ish% rh. Just about perfect. But with no sun for the next 4-5 days, the green house will cool off. So now they are on our table, in plastic bags, sandwiched in an electric blanket, with a poofy comforter on top to hold in the heat. I just checked and the temp is about 85, and the rh 75%. That's a little low. I might put a damp rag in with them tomorrow.

I really hope this works. There must be 50-60 pounds of sweet potatos there. I guess I'll know more in about a week. :fl

I thought of you too, @aart! I looked through all the pages at the end of the Jeffery Deaver novel. Nope, nothing along the lines of "hey, if I screwed something up, it's on me." :lau

I often read the acknowledgements and have read some that were very interesting. If you ever read The Professor and the Madman, read the end notes to find out who the book is actually dedicated to.

I want to cut as little light as possible, or that would be a possible solution.

Well, I ordered some filter material. Now I hope the whole thing wasn't a scam. Ever heard of Temu? Nope, me neither. I guess it's like Ama,zon...? My USPS tracking number doesn't seem to exist in the postal system. I might order from somewhere else, just to be sure I get something.
Temu is slightly more like Ebay, rather than Amazon, but yes,,, similar to Amazon also.
I checked the site, Seems SAFE, according to Scamadvisor.com.......
It also indicates that NOT ALL are happy with the service. View the numbers of the FEELINGS ABOUT TEMU.COM .... That ratio of good to bad ,, I would avoid that site. JMO
image_2023-10-11_235446211.png

Sometimes the Shipping/tracking may be off due to different carriers, from different lands. If it is coming from a different country, then USPS will provide tracking info when they get possession of shipment.

BTW, I never ordered thru Temu. I prefer Amazon, and Ebay. When I do consider other sites,,,,,, I always check their credibility.
I run across scams online,,,, and recognize them by their fantastically low prices offered.
I use Scamadviser.com:caf site quite often,,,,, just to reassure self that I can still smell a scam from FAR :old

@cavemanrich, Thank you! I will check out Scamadviser to check out anything else I order from an unknown site.

:fl Hoping I get these filters. If I have to, I'll cut up T-shirts to staple over the openings. I have a lot of white T-shirts that I use as garden shirts. Cooler in the summer, and I don't care if they get dirty or stains.

My friend that lived in China for several years and watches what goes on there pretty closely told me about Temu. It is a Chinese company selling things made in China and shipping directly from there. I don't remember all she said about why but she will not buy from Temu.

That would explain why they don't have the tracking number. :hmm
I bought sneakers from a Chinese company several years ago. They charged my credit card twice. They didn't reply to my contact attempts to fix it. So I complained to the credit union, where I got my major credit card. The credit union got my money back, and advised me to stick to well-known companies in the future.

Then the sneakers arrived, and I received an email, a complaint from the company about me taking my money back. Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice? Nope.

That would explain why they don't have the tracking number. :hmm
I hope you get your filters without any crazy problems.

A few years ago hubby wanted something from Walmart that had to be ordered at their online site. I figured it was a safe online purchase so I ordered it for him. About 2 weeks later I got a call from my banks fraud dept about some unusual charges on my credit card. :hmm They wanted to cancel and issue me a new card.

After the banks investigation they told me someone at Walmart's processing center had stolen my info. There were charges made on both the east and west US coasts for rental cars and space on "the cloud" along with others for a total of $4000 !!!

All of this took 4 months of my time following up as I still received billing each month. :( Interest continued to be added. They finally removed the $4000 but billed me for the $52 interest that shouldn't be mine. I was so fed up I paid that to just be done with it.

More recently I had a new vacuum cleaner ($500) delivered by UPS the day TS Ophelia came. They sat it in the yard, in it's manufacturer's carton, not bagged.
Was told I'd have to sign for it and i would get text the day before. I was home. No one texted or rang the door bell. The rain had destroyed the box when I found it.

I miss the days I could just go to the store and find what I need.

Back
Top Bottom