Sally's GF3 thread

Pics
I had a first ever total failure making yogurt the other day. I'm guessing the starter I'd saved was just too old. I know I didn't kill it with too-hot milk, as I'm very careful to be sure the milk is <115 before I mix it with the starter.

I opened the dehydrator (I just use it for the box), and had 5 quart jars of milk. VERY disappointing. I really wanted to have a quick snack in the fridge.

It was cool and comfortable today. Partly cloudy, breezy, and in the upper 60s/low70s. We're slated for 90s and oppressively humid on Thursday. Talk about weather whiplash.

I took advantage of the cool today and made a frittata. Home grown eggs, onions, tomatoes, garlic. I bought some broccoli and used some spinach I have on hand.

@U_Stormcrow, I used over 1/4 cup of minced garlic. Was that enough? :D

It was cool and comfortable today. Partly cloudy, breezy, and in the upper 60s/low70s. We're slated for 90s and oppressively humid on Thursday. Talk about weather whiplash.

I took advantage of the cool today and made a frittata. Home grown eggs, onions, tomatoes, garlic. I bought some broccoli and used some spinach I have on hand.

@U_Stormcrow, I used over 1/4 cup of minced garlic. Was that enough? :D
Sounds like :love to me.

It was cool-ish this morning. Then the heat and humidity moved in.

I saw something I'm not sure I've ever seen: rocks, sweating. The humidity condensed on them while they were still cool. Walk down the driveway, and there are areas of dry sand, then some pebbles/stones/rocks that are glistening.

Physics on display.

We have a date for the old farmhouse conflagration: October 21, with a back up date of the 28th. On a Saturday, so our friends can come watch. We still have metal and wood to reclaim, but the time pressure of not knowing when is off.

I will be somewhat sorry to watch it go, but we can't save it and it is on its way to eyesore status. Sorry-not sorry, raccoons.

It is so humid, the windows are all steamed up on the outside. Steamed to the point of rivulets running down. If I had a squeegee, I could wipe the windows and pretend I'd washed them.

I'm hoping the sun does not come out. If it stays cloudy, we won't see the 92 degrees the "weather thespians" have said are coming our way. (Thanks, @aart, that's a great title.) If the clouds break up... well, I can find chores to do inside today.

It is so humid, the windows are all steamed up on the outside. Steamed to the point of rivulets running down. If I had a squeegee, I could wipe the windows and pretend I'd washed them.

I'm hoping the sun does not come out. If it stays cloudy, we won't see the 92 degrees the "weather thespians" have said are coming our way. (Thanks, @aart, that's a great title.) If the clouds break up... well, I can find chores to do inside today.
This year’s weather has been crazy. Your temps are usually similar to mine, but we are in the mid-60s all day. I would prefer 90s…my garden could use a few days of heat. It’s been a cold, dark, and rainy August…

Back
Top Bottom